American Apparel best clothing store for young men?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Jonah Glover • Dec 20, 2012.

1. Jonah Glover

Jonah GloverNew Member

Threads:
    American Apparel has great, trendy, and relatively cheap clothing. I shop their for all my shirts and hoodies almost exclusively.

For men anyway, you cannot get better fitting and looking clothing anywhere else, especially not for the price. Besides the clothing though, it seems to pick up various products from other companies, so you end up walking into the store and seeing things like watches (wonderful) and accessories. All of their products work together seamlessly as well, so creating a look for yourself is pretty easy.

Check it out guys!

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My husband use to shop there but it isn't exactly cheap atleast not here any way

3. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the great post. I will definitely have to check this out sometime.

4. jcairns82

jcairns82Member

Threads:
    I find that only hipsters really appreciate the clothing that American Apparel has to offer. I guess it depends on your look, but I preferred stores that targeted a more prep look than AA. I liked American Eagle and A&F much better. These days, I'm into Banana Republic, but I'm far older.

5. downloadsincomplete

downloadsincompleteMember

Threads:
    There is definitely a hipster, edgy vibe to the store. And it is definitely not cheap. I don't mind paying extra for better quality, I don't see it here. American Apparel quality is good, but not great. I still have items with zippers and buttons that fall off, loose stitching, fading, etc.

However, I don't think it's the best clothing store for men. For the most part, they only sell basic items. There are a lot of tees, hoodies, sweatshirts, shorts, and socks, but that's mainly their entire inventory. There's a very limited selection of dress shirt, perhaps no dress pants and all, and there are definitely no suits. Compare that to stores like Banana Republic and Gap, which do sell lot of the menswear range.

6. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    This store is really just for hipsters. I use to shop there and stopped because the prices were insane. They are too expensive and I can't see how people buy there daily.

7. radishes

radishesMember

Threads:
    American Apparel is definitely not cheap. But, I think American Apparel hoodies are some of the best hoodies I've ever worn. The quality of their merchandise is great.