American Express Bluebird: Are They A Credit-company Or A Bank? (and What's The Difference Anymore?)

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by mythman • Jul 27, 2015.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I got an

account at Walmart, and was seeing if I could add it to my Paypal account as both a debit- and a bank-account.

I had read that

; but (as "WELLS FARGO" is one of the options PayPal gives for bank-accounts to connect-with) I checked my account-number there, and it didn't match :( ... that's probably why there's a fee (

... thus-far) for 'non-

ATM-use.'

I'll probably go back to PayPal & try their 'other bank-accounts' option, but ... maybe not :cool: I think I'd rather 'find out if anybody else has done it' first, or if I must be 'The One to Explore this Final Frontier' :D

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hmm, I hadn't considered adding it to my PayPal account. What is the purpose of that? I use mine strictly for the money I earn through Walmart Savings Catcher, and haven't explored other options. One thing I just noticed though is that I suddenly have $1 in my Bluebird account. I immediately transfer the money I get from Savings Catcher over to the Walmart Buck$ Balance, so I was interested to see that I suddenly had money in the main BlueBird account. It's called Bluebird Dollar Back Promotion. Not sure what exactly that is, but I'm all for free money.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My bank doesn't charge me money for any of the items that Amex Blue provides. I think I will be further ahead opening a bank account online and getting 50 dollars or a certain amount to open an account. I know there are several banks that offer money for creating an account. I will simply shop around to see who offers the best deal, and will post it when I find it.