Amy's Organic Bean Burritos & Thai Kitchen (Two Reviews)

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by AnonaMoss • May 20, 2012.

1. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    Amy's

I didn't have a good experience with this company at all. About a month ago, I purchased frozen burritos from Amy's. I purchased products from them before in the past, including the burritos. Well, I baked a burrito in the oven for 40 minutes as directed and when I bit into it there was a piece of plastic in it! I called the company, but was forwarded to another line. I left a message, but did not receive a call back from them. I just wanted to warn them about the plastic being mixed inside of the burrito and I feel it was serious enough to get a return call. I haven't purchased anything from this company again and I never plan to.

---------

Thai Kitchen

I purchased a Garlic and Vegetable noodle bowl and there was a long hair in the bowl when I opened it. I knew it wasn't my hair because it was a different texture and color. I called the company and sent them a picture. They were nice and apologized. They sent me a coupon to replace the noodles I threw away.

2. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I love Amys products. Sorry you had a poor experience with their customer service. Sometimes I find using a companies facebook or twitter gets a better result than calling or emailing them.

3. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that method really works when you let the public know about your problem. Companies hate when you do this, and they're more inclined to keep you quiet by offering to fix the situation. I haven't tried any of these products before, but it sounds pretty nasty to me. The plastic in the burrito just made me sick just thinking about it. The hair is fairly common, but it's still nasty. I guess nothing is perfect.

4. Andrea4

Andrea4Member

Threads:
    The hair really grossed me out, but at least they made it better. The plastic is unappetizing too, but the worst part if the customer service that you didn't receive at all. I like Amys products, so I wasn't happy to hear that they did that to you.

5. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I think you guys may be right about posting it on Facebook, but it still doesn't speak highly about them as a company. If they really cared about the customers, I wouldn't have to "out" them. I'm not one of those people who wants to sue or things of that nature. Really, I just wanted to let them know that for the safety of others, they should be aware that there was plastic in the batch. It's really annoying that you get organic food to get away from unsavory ingredients, yet you can still end up with some unsavory additive :eek: I will not be purchasing from Amy's anymore, though. I will purchase from Thai Kitchen again because the woman I talked to seemed very concerned about my issue.

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I am surprised that Amy's didn't provide good customer service. We have never had any problems with their products so have never tried to use their customer service. It is too bad that this happened to you. You did attempt to contact them about it so if you do post something on Facebook or Twitter, I would perhaps mention that you did make those attempts by phone first.

7. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm... with the amount of items they send out, I would be very concerned with getting two contaminated items. Their regulations can not be up to par if they are sending out that amount of food that is contaminated with foreign objects. What if next time you get something like a finger or an animal!? I had a friend get a frog along with her frozen broccoli and another find a giant bug in one of her frozen dinners. Eek! Lesson: buy fresh, not frozen :)