An as seen on tv product

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by randee555 • Mar 6, 2014.

1. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I recently saw a product but I can't remember the name. It was one of those "As seen on tv" products and it was on closeout for 60 percent off. It was a USB device that can be plugged into your computer and you can watch tv through it. I'm not sure what exactly can be watched or how the whole process works so I was wondering if anyone has heard of it or has used it and can give me a little feedback as to whether it is a good product to have or not.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you talking about that digital antenna thing?:

The reviews that I've read on it so far mentioned that although it worked, it doesn't work better than any other standard antenna. You could likely find a more basic one even cheaper if you looked around at places like Wal-Mart or Radio Shack - or even if you have some old antenna's laying around. All TV's made from 2005 going forward were required to have digital receivers built into them already and I believe many of them have digital antennas in them too. You may want to double check your manual for them, as you might not even need one of these.

I have a USB Digital TV tuner hooked up to my computer that can also pick up OTA digital channels. The image quality on them blew me away, I didn't realize you could get crystal clear TV like that in HD from and OTA signal. It's actually better than the broadcast from your cable company since they compress their broadcasts. It should look equally good on your TV too, just be aware you don't need a fancy antenna to get the signal. Also, depending on where you live there may not be many OTA channels available. I'm in NE Ohio and there are only 4 where I live.

3. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I think I saw those on sale at Dollar General. I would definitely check there first -- their As Seen On TV products are much cheaper most of the time!