An eBay Board?

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by razelia • Jul 2, 2012.

1. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Now, I know people discuss eBay from time to time in the forum, but we never really get an opportunity to post about specific shops in eBay. eBay is more of a place where you can find many stores - i.e. there are a lot of established people there who are the "to go to" for specific items. I think having an eBay board would let us have more options to talk about specific sellers, about our experiences and even if we're selling stuff.

So, how about a board dedicated solely to eBay?

2. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    Are you sure that's a good idea?

Once you put up something like an ebay board, then people will want an amazon board, then a 6pm board, then a newegg board. And so on. It'll end up being a board for every major online store.

3. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    You don't get what I mean, do you? Amazon, Newegg and 6pm by themselves are general online stores - not an auction site, and definitely not a store that has "mini" stores that actually have the need to be regarded as separate. eBay, on the other hand, have mini stores run by people with varying things to sell. I understand that a place like Etsy is like that, too, but Etsy doesn't exactly cover a "general" sales market. eBay does. Having a proper board for the place would allow members to actually talk about specific shops, specific sellers and even warnings to the community about existing frauds on there - and have it be properly tagged depending on items or category, like video games or jewelry.

4. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't mind seeing an eBay board. eBay does cover just about everything you could possibly purchase and it's not like a subdivision of all your major brands like Best Buy or Newegg.

Although having an eBay board could be a bit disorganizing due to how different everyone's purchases are and how things can be a bit too broad. Examples being someone posting a really good deal on something no one wants and then the next thread being someone who wants a good deal on a lawnmower and expects someone else to find it for them.

5. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    An eBaY board wouldn't bother me either way as I don't shop or sell on it. However, I do think DexterLabLab1 makes a valid point about people requesting boards for other sites. Regardless of what eBay comprises of it is still an online entity - I like Etsy and would probably contribute to that board but then I am sure there are people who don't use eBay or Etsy but prefer Amazon.

6. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I think if you put up a board like that then you would have people wanting to get an individual board for each site. So you should be cautious when you are deciding on which type of addition you want to put on a forum.

7. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Sounds like a good idea to me, eBay is the largest marketplace available, it deserves its own board.

8. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    This would make for a good sub forum under Online Shopping. Give it a shot! :D

9. Dogged1

Dogged1New Member

Threads:
    I absolutely agree with Addicted, eBay is the largest online marketplace around with no one even close to being in the rear view mirror. I would imagine that there are several eBay sellers on this forum as well as some buyers and there's a wealth of knowledge in both that could potentially give all of us an edge on maneuvering through the different marketplaces today. For instance, most of us have bought things from an online store like Newegg or Amazon. However, how many of us have actually been on the other end and been the seller of those products? Their perspectives could really enlighten us as to the inside workings and intricate details of these marketplaces.

10. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    I quite agree with you and hope the admin takes some action on this one.. I've been scammed once on eBay and why not talk about these things like buying, selling, scams, etc. in a special section