An extreme cheapskate's way to save money on gifts?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Denis Hard • May 14, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just came across this and thought it was really funny but something which if executed, would save you a lot of money.

What's the best thing that you could give someone? Quite obviously it's something that should make them feel good. What better way to make someone feel that way than by telling them some nice things about them?

Well, yeah, that's the gist of the matter. Instead of buying gifts, just be there and tell someone how much they mean to you, how devastated you would be without them . . . all that talk that makes someone feel important. And you'll walk away with you wallet still fat . . .

2. daleo717

daleo717Member

Threads:
    I do not think that this cuts it, when giving a gift. You should tell someone you care about them without it being a gift. Better to make a nice card, and write inside how great they are, and give a nice little gift with it. There are so many small gifts that can be bought that are nice and tasteful. You just have to keep your ears and eyes open when people talk, and you can come up with a nice gift for them. My daughter in law was saying one day that all of her coffee cups were broken, and she loves coffee. I was out shopping and found some really nice coffee mugs for $2 each, they were reduced from $5 each. Bought her 4 for her birthday, cost was $8. She loved them.

#2May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
  3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There are actually a lot of ways in which you can save a lot from buying gifts. First, you can just improvise a gift. Craft them yourself. Use your talent. Recreate! And if you are willing to shell out a little, then go find sale and buy during sale season. You may also use promotional coupons. I think using coupons is more readily available on the internet, using them on the internet, though I am not really sure.

4. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think that always cuts it. I hear that everyday from my spouse and that is wonderful. But when he surprises me with a gift it really means a lot and makes me feel very special. I am cheap, but not that cheap. There are plenty of cheap gifts, just because it is a present doesn't mean it has to be expensive. Paint a wine bottle with pretty designs and buy 5 dollar flowers from Walmart. Buy a Hershey bar and pick a flower. Write a love letter. Print out a card. Gifts do not have to be extravagant. It is the little things that count.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ever heard of the saying that "talk is cheap"? Well, in this case, it really becomes literally cheap. I think it won't hurt to at least save a bit for your loved one's birthday right? Being with them and telling them how much they mean to you is just a normal part of a relationship. Giving gifts make it more special, in my opinion. It shows that you are willing to spend money on them.