An Orchid As A Gift

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Jannnnjan • Jun 4, 2015.

1. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I received an orchid as a birthday present last year and what a great gift I have found it to be. It is now flowering again and looks beautiful and I know the flowers will last for months. It is not as difficult to keep as you would think. Place it in a pot with plenty of small stones, it doesn't need earth, and water a little once a week. It doesn't like over watering.
    They are now so cheap to buy. In the UK they cost £5 - £10. Bargain! I now buy orchids as gifts for a lot of people.
    Has anyone else bought an orchid as a gift?
    What gift have you found to be better than you thought it would be and now you buy the same thing for others?

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I think giving a gift to someone depends on that person's preference or hobby. An orchid as a gift doesn't sound so bad, but if the receiver doesn't have a thing for plants/flowers, I don't think they are ideal. You should really consider first what the receiver would like to get.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If the person is a flower lover, then of course I would give that person any flower or plant as a gift. Personally though, I'm not fond of flowers, so I would rather receive something else as a gift.

4. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    The orchid is a very special floiwer, very unique beauty. It is special enough to give as a gift for those who realize it's value. That is news to me how simple they are to care for and how long they last. I would love to get one as a gift.