Android 5.0 L

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by troutski • Sep 11, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Android 5.0 L is currently available for some Nexus devices in a developer's build, if you know how to install such things on those devices. Users have already reported major design and interface changes along with better battery life on compatible devices. Android 5.0 will inevitably hit all newer Android devices, hopefully within the next few months. It could come out as a different name than Android 5.0 L, although this is the name most analysts have used. It's also bringing major performance enhancements to the operating system.

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Maybe it would be called Android Lollipop...

I don't want to be one of the first few thousand people to download the new release of Android. I'd wait for others to test it out and find some issues and bugs before I install it in my phone.

I've upgraded to one version of Android once, and all it brought me was headache.

3. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    Hopefully, Google doesn't impose more restrictions on Android, especially after killing SD card support in 4.4 which many people had a problem with, just because they want to force you on their Cloud services. They must realise that most people don't pay for expensive unlimited data plans, and that there are still many areas where 3G is still really patchy and problematic. If there are more restrictions coming then Android is just going to become like iOS.