Android Or Ios?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Lovely Babe • Nov 25, 2015.

1. Lovely Babe

Lovely BabeNew Member

Threads:
    Hello, everyone!
    I have a very close friend who promised to give me a present this Christmas and she's planning to give me a phone. Now, she's asking me what type of phone do I like to receive. I'm confused whether an android or an iPhone. I'm currently using an android phone right now with a Samsung Galaxy brand, but it's not the latest one. She told me that she will give me the latest model of Samsung Galaxy if I like the android and the latest of iPhone model if I like the iOS one.
    Who among you here had a first-hand experience that could differentiate the two and could help me choose wisely? I never had any iPhone and it thought me to give it a try, but I also really love Android phone that I'm used too and it's hard to let go. You know... it's been befriended to me. We all know that they are both great cell phone brands.
    Anyway, I will give my current phone to my sister after I receive my present. Therefore, I need to choose wisely since I will still have only one phone and this kind of opportunity is once in a blue moon only. Thank you guys!

2. Mr. Zhou

Mr. ZhouNew Member

Threads:
    I like iphone 5S,:D:D:D:D

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only have used an Android phone so I can't be of much help, but take a look at this link, it enumerates the difference of Android and iOS:

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Personally I'd just go with the ios phone, because even when you discuss the merits of other brands it's undeniable that ios at least still has the best resale value and even with that detail alone I would already favor it. Of course since it is a gift I doubt you are thinking about selling it eventually, but for me even if it was a gift I'd still prefer something that I could have much more flexibility with a few years down the line so if I do eventually end up changing my mind I'd have that as an option.

5. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Iphone 6s is the latest model for Apple phones and you should go for it, no question. Apple is the best. I mean i haven't really tried android phones, been using iphones for as long as i can remember so i might be biased but i strongly believe iPhone is the best. I actually have iphone 6 and i'm really happy with it.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on what you like to use, what is easier and whether it suits your needs. I wouldn't be concerned about resale value, but more about insurance, if it got stolen or damaged. I have a Samsung, and I prefer it over an iPhone, but it's what you use it for. I have many friends who use iPhones and they are a prime target for being stolen, so bear that in mind too.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I was to look at it from a business or making money standpoint, then IOS is probably my best bet to go with, because all of the testing sites that I work with are or have moved their platform onto IOS, and not Android. So I cannot make any money from those types of tests, which is frustrating, especially when laptop tests keep dwindling in favor of IOS tests. As far as personal use, I prefer android.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an Android and like it. My daughter has an Apple phone and could not get a signal in the house this weekend. All of the Android phones had a signal with out any problems. I have never wanted to try the Apple phone all though many people believe it is the best system to have.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The prices for the up to date IOS and Android phones are ridiculous these days. Like, who is paying up to £600 and such for these types of phones? I guess that most people have phone plans, and contracts, and that is how they acquire these phones. But I don't have much experience with IOS, so overall I must go with Androids.