Android Vs Ios ?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Achraf • Aug 29, 2017.

1. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    would you go for an iphone ios or Samsung android ? and what's the reason that push you to make that choice ?

2. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    As much as I would love to pick iPhone but I won't be able to afford it, so as a result of my financial incapability I will be picking Samsung android.

It's not that Samsung android products are not good, belive me they are quite exquisite, iPhone basically serves to be a phone products for affluent people. Samsung is also quite expensive compared to other phone company products but not expensive as iPhone.

3. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    First of all I would like to second my brother from another mother, @Heatman@Heatman. I love Iphone with every beat of my heart but where I come from, the price of a brand new Iphone 7 can get you a second hand car, or possibly, see you through the first year of high school.

Another drawback, is that Iphones are not compatible with most devices and having to go an extra step to download compatible software, just kills the morale. As a result, I settle on the android which has a very friendly user interface, compatible with all devices I have come across, affordable, reliable and if taken care of properly, durable.

4. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    @Heatman@Heatman so you're saying iPhone is expensive and Samsung are not but if you ever try to buy the latest ones they are all expensive but what do you prefere using ? and enjoy ?

you're def right @NicholasMukuha@NicholasMukuha i agree so basicly as far as i understood you're using android but you would love an iphone ? cause you prefere and enjoy using it ?

#4Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2018
  5. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I love everything that uses android technology from laptops to TV's and smartphones and other stuff if ever there are still not mentioned. I like android phones because of its ease of use and user friendly navigation tools. Back in the days when touch screen phones were just still new and Nokia is still the king, iPhone and android are still not popular. I remember one acquaintance of mine selling his brand new iPhone of about two weeks old at half the price because he complains that the battery drains so fast. So from there on it was ingrained in my memory that iPhone has a bad reputation when it comes to battery issue, and so I am never a fan.

6. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    @TheOtherSide@TheOtherSide i strongly agree with the easy way of using the Samsung and the friendly tools and navigation. and yes the iphones really suffers from the battery problems.

#6Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2018
  7. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to choose iPhone since that is what I am used to using. I don't have anything against Samsung since I did have one of their tablets and it worked for nearly 5 years. I am just familiar with iPhone and have never had an issue with them. They are both expensive though so I don't think price is going to matter much between the two. I haven't gotten the iPhone 7 because one I don't need another phone and two I don't have the money to get a new one.

8. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have never used an Ios phone. I don't think that I ever will. I am quite happy with the android phone that I have. The features are very good and Samsung is the best. I would say that Samsung is the best for electronic products, be it TV, Microwave or phones. They are the best. I don't have any craze for an Apple IPhone. I am happy with my Samsung android phone. I had one Samsung Bada phone too and that was also very good.

9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not able to spend that much money on a brand new iPhone, so I would just go for a 2nd hand one just to try it out. On the other hand, Android units are so cheap you can buy more than one unit in a year if you wanted too, so Android will always be my first choice.

10. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had seen the promo of iPhone X on tv. The cost is $1,000 which is can be considered a fortune. I agree that the iOs is great in terms of speed and the iPhone has new features not found on android phones. But when it comes to pricing, that’s the downside. I don’t think I can ever afford an iPhone in my lifetime. I currently own a Samsung Galaxy SIII and I am contented with the features.

11. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Apple has other phones that are not as expensive as the iPhone X; but any new smart phone is going to be expensive, since you are basically getting a small hand-held computer. I have always used Apple products, and I am pleased with how well they integrate with each other, and how durable and dependable they are.
    The phone that I have is the iPhone 7Plus, and i really like the larger size as compared to the smaller size phones. My daughter is getting an iPhone X because she needs a top of the line phone for her work, and she likes that it has all of the features and still has the smaller size.
    The new cameras that the iPhones have are seriously awesome also. I really like the Live Photo feature where you can actually see the picture move for a few seconds, but only when you are looking at it from another Apple device.

12. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I've been an Android user for a few years now and am currently iOS user... Both are excellent (but obviously both have their pros and cons). However, by personal preference, I find iOS a little better.

13. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I cannot really tell much of a difference in terms of anything like speed or performance, but I am just used to Android at this point and when you factor in the tendency of apple to want to sync everything, I am sticking with it.

14. juan dela cruz

juan dela cruzMember

Threads:
    I am suggesting apple for quality and it is a must have because for sure it will last long. Apple looks elegant and without a doubt fast cellphone or ipad without any lag or delay. The features is very much limited and I feel that I am being limited to what I can do with my cellular phone. So I think You should also buy a Samsung for your primary phone because you can do a lot of things with it. Any android phone is enough just buy a cheap apple product that you can use for messaging and other formal things.

15. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I would go for Samsung android or any android any day and all the time. I have never been an iOS user but iphones are overrated. Android phones have very cool games and high quality apps. Android phones last and are also very affordable. Android phones don't need to compete with other brands for you to know they are the real deal. They sell themselves. :D

16. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I find Android more productive. And the amount of work it can get done is lot better. It can also not locked one company. So you have more options to buy stuff. And you don't have to pay expensive price for the purchase of the Android devices. And that's something you should consider when it comes to getting hold of the Android devices. But then again it depends on how you're managing the software for your own productivity.

17. Kookas

KookasNew Member

Threads:
    Sure , i've used both iPhone and android , but i perfer Android phone , frist from , Android phones are no more expensive than iPhone, but that doesn't mean they're worse than the iPhone in terms of performance, Android is more comprehensive in data management and device operations,the Android can sync any phone,

18. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think affordabilty has been why Android dominates worldwide and Android works better with all those Google services as well. They say Apple is not keeping up,although many of the Google services are on iOS. Another reason to consider Android, is because there are more free apps and games on Android than iOS. Also you have a bigger selection of manufacturers making Android devices,so they are bound to get better every year.