Anime Movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Squigly • Nov 21, 2014.

1. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Anime movies are hardly screened outside of Japan, so usually the only way to catch it is to hope for a DVD release (usually many years later) or watch a fansubbed version online. Neither method is really appealing to me, are there any other alternatives?

I'm looking forward to Naruto: The Last among other anime movies, as it will conclude the entire series given that the manga has ended.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fan subs are fine if you look at the bright side. You just have to choose those with no grammatical and typographical errors. If you're really that skeptical about their quality, then perhaps you can just look through streaming sites like Good Anime, Anime Freak TV, Anilinkz and so on. These sites upload DVD copies of anime movies with authentic subs.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that as long as the translation is ok, then you can make do with the fan-subs. But if you don't mind waiting and spending, then I guess you can just wait for the movie to be released internationally.

4. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Well, if you'd rather watch it in style and with high quality then i guess you're willing to spend some money to get the best copy you can find but personally, i'm okay with fan-subs. There are really decent ones you can find online and they're totally great with the translations.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you watched the anime movie of Samurai X? It at pretty darn good. Didn't think it was necessary to break it into two parts though.

I also watched the Hunter X Hunter movie and One Piece movie. I wasn't impressed though as both lacked a good story. I guess they don't make it past Japan because these types of movies never made it big outside the country.

6. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    Hunter X Hunter the anime show has a pretty good story, have to admit that I didn't saw the movie yet. There are a lot of really strong anime movies, but often the dub is really bad, which is why I always watch them in Japanese with subs. If you want to see some of the really good Anime Movies, you got the check out Spirited Away, Ninja Scroll and most important of all, Akira. Akira was one of the first Anime Movies that made it on screen outside of Japan and opened up the western culture quit a lot for them, same with the movie of Ghost in a Shell, which is another Anime Movie Masterpiece.