Ankle fashion

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Gelsemium • Jan 7, 2015.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been noticing in the past days something really unusual, especially in the cold weather that we have now. Both men and women have their jeans folded up, in a way that the ankle and socks are exposed, what I call a strange ankle fashion lol. How do you find this "fashion", odd or what?

2. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    Luckily we don't seem to be experiencing this here! I have seen this in warmer weather though and it doesn't bother me then, though usually no socks are involved then- just bare skin and flip-flops :)

Here if anything people seem to be layering up and using things like boots and legwarmers to double down on warmth!

3. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I see it here and there and I don't really mind it. I think that it's more of a Fall/Spring thing though. It's just a bit too cold to have your jeans folded up isn't it? I have actually seen a lot "stranger" things than that though. The whole folded up jeans things has been in fashion for a couple of years now. I think it will only get more and more common as the years go on. Like I said before though, it should only be done during the not-so-cold months.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not really odd becaues a number of people sport this kind of style. Perhaps what makes it odd is that it's not sensible to fold your jeans up, exposing socks and ankles, while the cold is about you. Where I'm from, people fold their jeans up when it rains so it doesn't get soaked in the flood. The flood here reaches thigh and knee levels, depending on the rain's intensity.

5. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, maybe it's just now becoming fashionable and mostly I see foreign people doing that, so most likely we are importing the fashion lol. As for me, it doesn't make any sense because it's ugly and cold, we are in the winter after all!

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Those are called ankle teasers LOL They're very fashionable and I think the trend exploded in late 2013? I love them, but don't see the sense in wearing them in cold, wet, grey weather, though. You see a lot of men do that and then they'll wear them with shoes and no socks. I live in a very hot country, so I can wear them whenever the fancy takes me :)

7. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, rolled up cuffs on jeans seems to be in now. Which is kind of hilarious to me, because when I was in high school, rolling up the cuffs on your jeans made you look like an idiot. The only time you rolled up your cuffs was if you wearing going to be doing something like walking in water.

8. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds kind of like a kids fashion to me. I know kids often enjoy very colorful socks, so it makes some sense that one would like to see the socks and not have them totally covered up by pants, but I don't think that gives you a very professional look. A nice clean line going from the pants to the shoes is much more professional.