Anti-seasonal Purchases

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Jamille • Feb 16, 2017.

1. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy hams at Christmas when they cost an arm and a leg. Instead, I buy them from leading supermarkets at 50 to 70% off starting mid-January until supplies last, It has become a sort of tradition for me and my son to buy premium ham packages just after the December festivities. Likewise, I buy standard black school shoes when the school year is about to end and the major department stores are holding clearance sales to give way to summer merchandise. What do you think about going anti-seasonal or anti-cultural as a way to save on food or items that you want or need?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a neat trick – avoiding the holiday rush and sparing yourself of high prices. We also do our post-holiday shopping in the middle of January but mostly for appliances where the prices are further slashed. With food, there are lots of discounted items but we are selective. Would you believe that it’s already February but the Coke promo is still up in some supermarkets? The 3 big bottles come with a pack of free Chinese noodles plus 10% discount on the price. I actually bought one and we have that noodles for dinner last night.