Antivirus app for Android?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by johnnear • Aug 12, 2014.

1. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    I've been struggling with viruses on my phone whenever I plug it into my PC and some sites that I browse often install Adware on my phone. I once installed an antivirus program on my phone but it hogs most of the process and RAM and often times leaving my phone sluggish. What antivirus program do you use on your phone?

2. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    You could try avast. Currently I am using avast and it works fine for me. I would also recommend that you avoid plugging your phone in computers that you do not trust. Most of these computers will have viruses which are simply transferred to your phone. I am always careful to know the computer that I plug my phone in.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Antivirus apps on Android phones? Uh huh... I installed Avast immediately after I acquired my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I felt pretty secure. But then, I got tired of it after some months because I felt that it wasn't going anything. I've been using my Note 2 for 4 months without an antivirus app and I see no difference. The phone still works fine.

4. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    I have a brand new phone, HTC Desire 300, so I haven't looked much into the antivirus apps available. But I know that ESET also has an a mobile app in the Store. I use NOD32 on all of my computers and couldn't be happier! It does a great job protecting my computer from viruses, so the mobile version of it can't be that bad, right?
    I decided to download it just to see how good it is and how much it slows down my phone. I will post the results in a week or two. I suggest you install it before that, I'm sure it will work out fine for you. :)

5. sam42

sam42New Member

Threads:
    Avast

This does it for me and i think it is the best ant virus that is in the market right now for both laptops, and desktops. I think it can do well for android too if it will not break everything down in it heheh;););););););):D:D:D

6. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Gee... I don't know why a lot of people are having a fuss about antivirus on phones. It's not that serious really. Who among you have had a phone that was attacked by a virus and your phone was rendered useless?

IMO, antivirus apps are just process hogs. They don't really add any value to your phone. Okay, at least these antivirus apps are free. But sometimes, they are very irritating when they keep on checking apps that were already checked in the past.

7. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    I agree with lindbergh, you don't need an antivirus app on your phone. It's a resource hog and can do more harm than good.

Just be smart about what apps you install on your phone, read online reviews first. In my 4 years of using Android I have never got any viruses.

8. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    I beg to differ. If you spend a lot of time browsing the web on your phone, you might just get a virus. You don't need to catch 100, only one is enough to make you miserable. If you use your online bank via your phone, all your money could be at stake. I think having a good antivirus to protect yourself if necessary. Even if this means that you will have to charge your phone every day, instead of every other day.

9. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you're managing to get a virus on your Android device, then you're doing something wrong. There's no reason you should need an antivirus program on your phone, and most of these programs will hog your RAM and drag down your battery life. Most of them won't stop viruses, and really, getting a virus on a phone is much more difficult than you might think. I've never even gotten a virus on my PC and I know how to get rid of them without an antivirus program. Phones are much easier to handle and shouldn't get viruses unless you're doing weird things.

10. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I used AVG for a while now and have never been more happier with it. It has picked up a few things along the way and doesn't seem to be hogging too much of my memory - well, not more than the other apps I use regularly anyway.