Ants in my laptop

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by maddie • Oct 18, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Chanell, neem oil has a very strong and unpleasant smell. Neem leaves may not prevent ants as they build nests on neem trees. I have had fire ants building nests on the tree.. Ants seem to dislike eucalyptus oil. Now, I spray a small towel with eucalyptus and lay my laptop on it. This seems to help, it has been two months now since I started doing this.

2. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    You learn something new every day! I'd never heard of ants in a laptop before. And I never knew the origin of the term "computer bug"!
    I hope you can get rid of them forever! They would really skeeve me.

3. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    That's interesting, Maddie. I wonder how people use neem to repel ants if ants build nests on the trees. It's good that the eucalyptus oil worked for you. What made you decide to try it?

4. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Neem leaves are potent only when they are ground or applied as a poultice. The oil that is derived from the seeds is very potent but has a strong and disagreeable smell.. A little is enough to drive away insects.
    I use eucalyptus oil in my bath water and spray it around when the kids have a cold, it seems to deter mosquitoes from coming in.. so that was just a trial and error thingy that worked for me.

5. Adarsh P cherugad

Adarsh P cherugadNew Member

Threads:
    What's the best way to gets ants out of a laptop?

here is an best trick i did for my laptop.

step 1: Take a news paper
    step 2: unfold the paper and Keep it on a surface
    step 3: Put insecticide powder spread all over the paper
    step 4:take 2 supporting structure for laptop
    step 5:keep the supporting stand on the paper
    [enter image description here][1]

[1]:

As shown in the image.
    step 6: Keep the laptop as shown in the image
    step 7 :Keep for as it is for minimum 3 hours

Ants exhausted..........!!!

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How very strange! -and those are massive ants, too. I can quite honestly say I've never had that happen to any of my devices, and we do have those types of ants here. I'm glad the OP finally got it sorted; it must have been a royal nightmare! I can only think like deansaliba, that maybe there was something very sweet spilt on the machine?

7. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    If you know your way around your laptop I'd say just disassemble it and clean the internals. Even taking the back lid off and blowing air on it can help. If you have the guts to take it apart though, then it would be best since you're getting rid of the problem directly and while you're at it, you can get rid of the dust too.

Also try not too drop chips and other tiny food things on top of your laptop since some of them gets stuck between the keys and the holes and before you know it you have ants inside your computer.

8. JusApee

JusApeeNew Member

Threads:
    Never heard of ants in a laptop before? Waaait... How about replacing them with... SPIDERS!!! Human's best friend, the spider. Yeesss, I understand how you're feeling. I had this problem with my laptop, but it was because during night, a spider laid eggs inside its keyboard. For like a month, while I kept using the laptop it was almost alwayd a little spider there as well. Ohh and I'm arachnophobic. Good thing they were house spiders, those with long legs and small body. About your ants... They will eventually go away by themselves. Their presence in your keyboard means that you're eating too much above it and maybe some food got into the keyboard.