Any Advice For A Start Up Business?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Working Buck • Oct 8, 2016.

1. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I want to start a small scale buy and sell. But I will be selling supplements and beauty products. Any advice from anyone who tried this kind of business?

2. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have not tried this kind of business but I am also looking to start an online BTC exchange business and online clothing store. I have domains and web hosting for these purposes, however, I am lost. I cannot find a right way to launch my business. I am also looking for inspiration.

3. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    My friend tried this before with Korean beauty products but she failed. I think, she failed on the marketing part because she only market it inside the office. I believe it's more important to research what your customers want. Try to do some survey. This may not be a tip but maybe this would help you. Most of the Women in our office influence the men, those guys prefer face masks because it's affordable and effective--another thing is that it's very soothing, using one out of the refrigerator relaxes your tired facial muscles right after heavy/toxic work. I wish you best in the venture that you're starting.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried this kind of business. One thing I will like advice you is in addition to running it locally, try have a strong online presence. The business should have a heavy social media coverage, like Facebook. I just think this is one great channel through which you can reach potential customers.

5. Working Buck

Threads:
    In what part are you lost? I do have some friends in the clothing industry. If you ever need supplies, we can talk about it. If supplies are your problem.

6. Working Buck

Threads:
    Agreed. I have tried doing this with other products, but the korean cosmetics is quite new to me. Thanks for the advice.

7. Working Buck

Threads:
    Thanks a lot. I have seen some of these masks that you are saying, but I did not thought of marketing them. I am currently doing surveys everywhere about some products that I want to sell, like bagnet and cosmetics. Thanks again.

8. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Anytime, Bro! While you are doing the survey, I would recommend that you try the product on your own and then make a review of it "Know your own product". It's a good way to market your goods.

9. Working Buck

Threads:
    Will do sir. I will tell my wife to use the cosmetics and I will try the food. Haha

10. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Haha! That's good! It's just like what one famous company always say "Just do it". :D

11. Working Buck

Threads:
    I used to always think of that line. Which I always did, I always did it. Most of the time, because of just doing it, I crashed a lot. But the good thing is, I learned a lot more than I crashed.

12. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    That's a very good way of thinking. Don't give up! Just look at what Col. Sanders did. Let him serve as a good example how life can be so cruel at times, but then, there's always a silver lining.

13. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    The cardinal rule of business is to invest what you can afford to lose. This is a fast consumer goods type of business and branding of the business premises should be attractive for this type of business. You should also spread horizontally to offer services which are related to your niche to complement income from product sales.

14. Working Buck

Threads:
    True. One of my favorite stories was his story. Age and circumstances never let him stop dreaming. I do have some friends who have these "rags to riches" stories. They always push me to dream beyond my wildest imagination, and to device a plan to get those dreams. Thanks a lot man.

15. Working Buck

Threads:
    Agreed. I do not want to end up investing everything and living on loans. About the premises, I am planning to market the product purely online. About offering other services, are discounts or promos part of this?

16. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Not at all my friend. It delights me to see people with the same common ground.