Any CPAP recommendations and advice?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Timetrvlr • Nov 5, 2014.

1. Timetrvlr

TimetrvlrMember

Threads:
    I've been diagnosed with sleep apnea and am currently undergoing a testing regime with a CPAP machine. Anyone have any advice for choosing one?

2. Skydanzer

SkydanzerNew Member

Threads:
    I use a CPAP machine. The provider of the medical supply company is the one who has models available and sometimes Insurance companies may dictate which model you get. I also never wore the mask. I started with the nasal cannula (not like oxygen cannula) and change to cushion that is working better for me. Phillips Respironics Pro

3. Timetrvlr

TimetrvlrMember

Threads:
    Good information, thanks! I've already decided to go with the Philips Respironics System One machine with the Remstar Auto A-flex humidifier. It is a heavy, substantial machine and the same one I'm using now on this 30 day test. The one I'm using also has a modem attached so that the respiratory therapist can monitor my progress and make recommendations. I'm not confined by an insurance company, my health care plan doesn't cover CPAP machines so I'm on the hook for the whole (substantial) cost. I figure I should get the best, not the cheapest. I have a choice of several medical suppliers and several more on-line. I'll stay with the supplier that is providing the free test equipment now as long as they treat me well but I do have other options.:cool:

The only mask I've tried is the nasal mask and I've really had no problems with it. The respiratory therapist will evaluate my progress and may well recommend a different mask or the nasal cannula. I seem to adapt easily so whatever works the best is what I'll get.