Any DIY recipes for body care products?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by dazzlingblue • Nov 20, 2013.

1. dazzlingblue

dazzlingblueMember

Threads:
    When you buy those pretty colored bath salts in its nice large package, it doesn't seem to last long if you follow their direction for use? Over the last , I realized that I should make my own blend, so I looked up some recipes---and it turned out great! And cost effective! I might even have to package these in some empty pasta jars (decorated with washi tape, of course) for gifts!

I used a mixture of dead sea salt/epsom salt for bath/baking soda/essential oil scent of your choice/body oil, like argan or something else/coloring---if you want a hint of color on those salt rocks.

Do you have any Diy recipes that you'd like to share for things like lip scrubs, sugar scrubs, etc? I go to onegoodthingwithjillie.com often to check out her recipes.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have dry skin, during the cold dry winter months I mix equal parts of vaseline, baby lotion and vitamin E to make my own lotion that is better than anything I can get in the store.

3. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    The only thing I do is use coconut oil to moisturise. But sometimes if I am out of body exfoliator, I will mix sugar with olive oil and my skin feels amazing after that. This is also good used on your lips too:)