Any good experiences with Ebay?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by pandandesign • Jan 3, 2014.

1. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I used to buy stuff off eBay because it's the only online store that offers variety of items I've been looking for. However, two of the items never shipped to me and I'm being charged. I am still getting my refund and hopefully I'm able to get my money back. I don't see what other online store in should go besides Ebay because it's got the items I want. Does anyone have any good experiences with Ebay?

2. fairydust007

fairydust007New Member

Threads:
    Buying on Ebay I've had plenty of good experiences. Selling, however, has been a nightmare. I will never sell on Ebay again. I sold something one time to a guy who obviously didn't speak any English and tried giving me negative feedback (written in Spanish) because he didn't understand the product he bought. It was a nightmare. I got the feedback removed and then vowed to never sell on Ebay ever again.

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know about any good experience but I can say that I've had no bad experience purchasing things on Ebay. I can always find the products that I want and on cheaper prices. Some even provide free shipping which is awesome for me. Usually it takes around two to four weeks for the thing to reach me depending on the location. Look for user reviews and seller ratings to determine if that seller has good service.

4. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    My experience buying items off of eBay has been so-so.

I purchased music off of eBay and a few other products. They came in decent condition. The problem: the monetary denominations weren't always in my country's coinage. What I ended up paying was higher than I expected. So, be sure to get the proper exchange value based on your country's monetary system.

5. jessicak2

jessicak2Banned

Threads:
    This site providing us best service. And It's such a trust able site.

6. normanallison

normanallisonNew Member

Threads:
    I must be truth, I have had better experience with eBay so far. If you are seeking for an alternative only Amazon i can suggest. But in general eBay is OK if you follow certain precautions. You can find more

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently had a good experience with eBay. I had ordered some video games from Amazon for my daughter for Christmas, and the box was stolen off my doorstep. I had to reorder the games and decided to try buying replacements on eBay. The seller immediately shipped out the games within an hour of me paying and they arrived in time for Christmas.

8. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    To me the greatest alternative to Ebay is Amazon. Granted Amazon doesn't have auctioning, but at the end of the day they have a huge selection of products that I'm sure equate to Ebay (if not completely outnumber it). However, if you do stick with Ebay I don't think you'll be disappointed in the long term. I have had nothing but great experiences through Ebay. I also love that you are able to see the seller's rating and are able to begin communication with the seller well before you buy any products.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always had my products shipped to me if I buy from Ebay, the only time that I didn't get my items was when they were stolen from the post office. So in general, most of my Ebay experiences were good. I haven't encountered a scammer seller yet.

10. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought several electronics from eBay and all got delivered on time. Some of my friends have had a few issues but that does not mean eBay is not great. I think it depends on the buyer you have used if they are trusted, then you can be sure your product will be delivered.

11. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    It seems to be a toss up for me! While both selling or buying I tend to try to only deal with people with a ton of feedback. I know that is probably not fair because so many new people can't get there because of the people who leave negative feedback for most likely no reason. Since everything I buy is PayPal protected I have never lost anything but the headache makes me not want to buy or sell on Ebay

12. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy accessories from Ebay for my group of friends, for example we all decide to change the cases of our smartphone. Usually, when sellers are informed about a bigger order, they tend to offer some discounts, which is wonderful, in this case a part of the shipping costs are covered by this benefit
    The feature PayPal Protection avoids any potential headache, I`m one of the customers taking in account, before ordering:D

13. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    Not many indeed Ebay used to be a good source for buying things but now because the Scam Ratio on that web has increased a lo and at the same time people have other option like Amazon which are quite trustworthy so they have become the preference which is cool.

14. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There few scammers buyers have dealt with ebay have given the site a bad reputation. But there are some ebay buyers who aren't that great either. So there I think, the equation is balanced.

Anyway, if you choose who you buy from after doing some research on him/her then you are less likely to be scammed. I always buy used DVDs from two sellers on ebay and they [the DVDs] have always been great. If you wanted to buy used DVDs then I'd say ebay is the best place to get them cheap.

15. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    I've had some great transactions on eBay, both as a buyer and a seller. Yes, there's a little risk involved, but so far the risk has paid off for me, at least.

Some of my favorite eBay transactions have been with people selling vintage clothes. I've bought some really special pieces this way. Yes, it never hurts to deal with the same sellers over and over again, since you know those are going to be reliable!

16. nuka cola

nuka colaBanned

Threads:
    I've had good experiences with eBay, although I usually just sell on there. It's good for finding cheap products or stuff you can find elsewhere. I've bought a couple games for my Xbox 360 on eBay, and I sold my old Nintendo stuff on there too.

17. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I always read the reviews on the seller's transactions on ebay before I buy from them. If they have low scores or many negative reviews, I stay away from them. So far, this wisdom has worked for me.

18. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I never had a problem. And I ordered some items that were shipped from India!
    I'm always pretty careful, and I do my due diligence as far as reading seller's reviews and stuff goes.

Ebay's kind of shady though... I'd rather order everything from Amazon if I can.

19. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I've had generally good experiences on eBay providing that I buy off Top-rated sellers and that the item has good, clear pictures as well as a detail description. However, I did get scammed once when I first started buying on eBay by this guy who sold me a stolen phone which got blocked after 3 months, other than that, all the other transactions were good quality and mostly quick delivery.

20. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I used to have great success with Ebay!

It seems that the bulk of the sellers tend to be businesses now, though, instead of the individuals like I used to. Buying internationally is cheap, but it takes so long to get the stuff and sometimes it never arrives.

I tend to buy from other companies more frequently nowadays instead.