Any Other Chocolate Freaks?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by deecee • May 25, 2012.

1. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    I love chocolate. It is tied with pizza as my favorite food. Pretty much anything chocolate is fine with me. Cadbury is a really good brand. What is your favorite chocolate food or brand?

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I like all chocolate products from cookies, chocolate syrup, and fudge. There's not a food that can come close to competing with it. My favorite time to eat it is when I finish a meal, then I'll have a chocolate treat. I'll buy the assortment of candy and I'll sit and watch TV until the box is gone. I don't know why I like it so much, but whatever it is its got a hold on me.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Some chocolate locers find this to be sacrelege but I prefer white chocolate. Especially in a hot drink, like a white mocha.

4. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    I love chocolate, and I eat it regularly, however, when I do eat chocolate, I can't eat a lot of it at once. To me, although I absolutely love it, chocolate is too sickly and makes me feel queezy when I eat a lot of it quickly. It's still the best confectionery ever made, though! :D

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I too love chocolate! There's a famous brand here called "Águila" (which means Eagle). They have chocolate bars, chocolate for desserts, for fondue... Yum!

[​IMG]

6. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love chocolate!!! Any chocolate!! Some people can eat a block or two and put the rest of the chocolate away for another day. I just don't have the self-discipline to do that, I have to finish it all in one sitting. I live in the winelands and what some of the wine farms are doing now is pairing red wine with chocolate which is absolutely fabulous because my next favourite thing to chocolate is red wine.

7. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    Chocolate covered caramel are my absolute favorite chocolates. I also enjoy eating chocolate covered nuts as well. The biggest problem I have when I am standing in line at a grocery store is passing up the Hershey with almonds candy bars, especially when they are on sale when you buy three. I always buy all three and eat them right away since my thought is that I am saving money by buying all three instead of just one.

8. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Hershey's and Cadbury is my brand of choice. That;s what my girlfriend demands in times when she is not in the mood. One bar of cadbury then she's on the mood again. So as time goes by, me myself have learned to love chocolates also. Chocolates with nuts improves your memory and concentration too according to some studies.

9. SmartVersatileCookie

SmartVersatileCookieNew Member

Threads:
    Chocolate is simply amazing. I don't think I have ever gone more than a week without some chocolate in my system. My favorite type of chocolate is Godiva; it is so good.

10. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Ooh, I love love love chocolate. Yes, Cadbury is a great brand and I do enjoy it very much. I sometimes make hot chocolate with a few blocks of Cadbury chocolate and hot milk with a stick of cinnamon. Oh yummy. When I really feel like a treat I get some Lindt truffles.

But oh yes, chocolate is heavenly, nothing less.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love, love chocolate. My favorite grocery sells dark chocolate almonds. They are delicious. They also sell dark chocolate cashews, walnuts, cherries, peanuts, and pretzels. They sell more, but those are my favorites.

My favorite brand is Ghirardelli. I discovered them while living in San Francisco. It's the smoothest chocolate I've ever eaten.

12. trident252

trident252Member

Threads:
    I love chocolate but I try to restrict how much of it I eat. Of course that doesn't work, but I try anyway. Chocolate covered raisins and chocolate covered peanuts are my favorites.

13. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my word. I love chocolates and I'm a proud chocoholic! Anything with chocolate on it, you'll find me sitting next to it. My friend visited me recently, and she brought a big bag of chocolates - I'm not kidding! An entire shelf of our fridge is filled with chocolates of all sizes, brands, and flavours. My stepchildren were in awe and they were lucky that they were on their Easter break at the time, which they spent the entire two weeks with us.

When I have extra money to spend, I would spend it on Godiva chocolates. I'm not sure if there is Godiva here where I live, but back home, Godiva opened their first store in KLCC (Petronas Building) and I would stand there and pick the flavours that I want. I love their milkshakes/frappucinos as well. Other than Godiva, I love After Eight, Cadbury's, Coté D'or, and Nestlé (they have some really good chocolates).

14. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I love chocolate!! I love chocolate truffles with the different flavored fillings. My favorite chocolates are from See's candy. I love to get the pick a mix box with the chocolate covered marzipan and ginger. But See's is so expensive.

15. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I am a huge fan of Italian and Belgian chocolates. Ok I can't for get the Swiss as well as the Germans. Yum.

16. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    Just thinking about chocolate makes my mouth begin to salivate! I love chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered oreos, chocolate cookies, chocolate cake, pretty much most things chocolate.

My absolutely favorite thing to eat with chocolate is a chocolate cream pie. Though it is rare I buy one, because they are kind of pricey, they are always amazingly tasty!

17. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I love chocolate, especially the darker, less sweet variety. Those that are overly sweet are too much for me, so I prefer the black and richer ones.

18. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I love white chocolate, especially when strawberries are dipped in it. I'm not really a fan of chocolate bars. The only chocolate I like is chocolate cake and brownies. I had Gharadeli chocolate brownies that taste like they were from another realm -- very tasty.

19. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I love Lindt although Ghirardelli is wonderful as well. I have been a chocoholic since I was the womb as my mother was forced to eat two king-sized bars of chocolate a day while pregnant with me. At least she had no morning sickness or any other side-effects with me... I was the easy baby.

20. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I went on vacation to Hershey park in Pa. It was like being in heaven. The whole town smelled like chocolate. I also lived in Monroe, WI. Thats where the Swiss Colony plant is. They have a discount store there. I think I gained 10 lbs on that assignment.