Any place you can download old classics free [legally]?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Denis Hard • Dec 23, 2013.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently found a 1959 comedy on youtube and I must admit that in spite of the poor picture quality, the movies was quite impressive. However, watching it with on youtube was not great. That's why I guess I'm looking for alternatives.

Is there some place I can get a direct http download of old movies [or any other movies] which have been uploaded online by the copyright owners?

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, there's an app that allows you to download the YouTube videos so that you don't need to be online in order to watch them. You could download them and store them later. I don't know if it's illegal to download YouTube videos since they're out there for the public to watch. Anyways, the app is called tubemate. You could Google search it or you could check it out on the Play Store if you have an Android device.

3. Denis Hard

Threads:
    Well, thanks for that buddy, I'll definitely take a look at the app. and test it out. I been looking around, I found a collection of about 100 old classics on some youtube channel. I'm sure the app would be very convenient to get those movies and so I can watch them offline at the most 'congenial' time.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're most welcome Denis Hard. Have you downloaded the app already? It's only a few megabytes in size so you won't have any trouble downloading the app. Oh, by the way, make sure that you have a lot of storage space, maybe an external hard drive where you could save the videos after you have downloaded them. :D

5. Denis Hard

Threads:
    Oh, I did and it's working great. Right now I've have a collection of about 150 old movies. I've watched a few. Some are not so good [the picture and audio quality is terrible] but others are awesome. People could write stories back then. . .

But hey, I'm sorry about the delay. Holiday blues and stuff. . .

6. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. Youtube channel does offer a lot of classic movies and shows that you cannot find elsewhere. That's the only site I would go to watch some of my favorite classic movies, well, legally. I do have the Youtube app, which is very convenient for me to just watch on my smartphone that way. Also, I have subscribed to Mobile TV on my phone, one channel offers classic movies, which I would find some good classic movies on that app. However, the Mobile TV app does charge me $9.99 each month, which is not bad because I feel like I own a portable TV.