Any Preppers In The House?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Diane Lane • Jun 11, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my dreams, I'm a prepper. In actuality, I don't have money to prepare for much, but I'm interested in learning what those who are prepared would recommend, especially things that don't cost much, but could make a difference, in case TSHTF.

Some thing I've been considering are fire starters, waterproof storage bags, solar cookers, and solar chargers. I'd love to have a generator. As I said, there's no money in the budget right now, but my fingers are crossed for the future.

If you're a prepper, what items would you recommend, and do you have specific products/brands you've found to be the best?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only prep for hurricanes because I live in Florida and have been through hurricanes so bad that entire cities were without power for weeks.

I don't really know what peppers are getting ready for. A zombie apocalypse? The end of the world?
    It seems like a weird hobby to stockpile dehydrated food and gas masks for some random event.

3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I turned into a prepper inadvertently after a strong earthquake destroying an area of my city many years back, when preparedness was not yet common nor a hot trend.

However with the pass of the time and having no other earthquake like that, I began to forget about preparedness despite I know this is a seismic place and one day or another we may have another devastating earthquake, but again I'm not ready for it, as it was for the past years.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always think candles are a good idea, but you can be prepared and still get caught out. I have been snowed in, so canned food is always good and long life products as fridges may go off. If I know there is a storm, Imake some boiled eggs as they are good protein and can be stored without any refrigeration.

My parents always have a couple of flasks of hot water in case of emergencies too and they use them each day just as drinking water cooled, but is also a useful tip. I carry duct tape with me as well, as you never know when you will need it. You can make a handle from it, it can seal things and all sorts. Wind up torch or flashlights that are accessible too are useful, I have one on my keychain and you never know when you will need it.

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’m sort of a prepper? I live in a place prone to both hurricanes and earthquakes. Having gone through Hurricane Iselle last year really highlighted the importance of at least having an emergency kit and certain supplies on hand. Also, the area I grew up in had rolling blackouts when I was very young, so we always had candles, Sterno, and canned foods stocked in the house. Those old habits made prepping much easier.