Any shopping websites that ship worldwide?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by IssaQ • Nov 7, 2013.

1. IssaQ

IssaQNew Member

Threads:
    Hi,

Do you know of any good shopping websites that ship electronics worldwide? Obviously, Amazon.com is the best, but unfortunately it doesn't ship electronics worldwide. I might want to purchase a camcorder and a laptop in the near future, but I can't buy it around here where I live, due to the extremely high prices. I see some great deals in Amazon from time to time, but too bad it does not ship worldwide.

Can you please suggest any good websites that you have dealt with before?

Thanks

2. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon does ship worldwide, even electronics. Its just that often the seller won't so you have to try heaps of different ones until you finally get one which ships to your designated country. Of course you'll have to pay a ton for this though, which is why localized sites are set up. Surely there's some local sites that don't sell things for outrageous prices? If you're after something in particular look for the seller of that product and chances are they'll ship to your country, its in the interests of most businesses to do so.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I came across these sites on makeusof.com but having never tried them, I wouldn't offer an opinion. But their offer is too good to pass by: Free Delivery Worldwide.

All you have to do is click, visit and. . .

- Clothing.

-They deal in gadgets.

-Books.

4. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You will have to bite the bullet and buy it locally, since most shops that ship worldwide will make you pay taxes that will either get to the same price as in your country, or even more.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

Have you tried ebay? Ebay ships worldwide and you could probably get something there. Or try again on amazon cause they do ship electronics worldwide it's just that some sellers do and some don't.

6. IssaQ

IssaQNew Member

Threads:
    Thank you all for your responses, I really appreciate it.

If a product costs $1000 all of the local websites will sell it for at least double the price, so finding a local website or store, is out of the question. I've never come across a product that I liked on Amazon, and found out that the seller ships worldwide. That's why I thought it's because of Amazon.

Most of the stuff I want to get is already expensive, but I'm not ready to pay double the price. I forgot to mention, I'm from North Africa, so a website in Europe would be better than one from the U.S I'm sure the shipment cost will be a little bit cheaper.

Any more suggestions?

7. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're honestly not getting away with paying less by importing. That's why there are import fees and customs, you know.

8. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon ships worldwide, and I believe eBay does as well. It really depends on the seller for both of them I think. If the seller is willing to ship it, then it is a possibility.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would have to agree that they will make you pay tax, and it can be quite unreasonably expensive depending on how corrupt your government is, plus the package might get damaged or stolen in transit, so it's better to just buy locally.

10. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    Online is almost always cheaper and most places have a guaranteed refund system so make sure the buyer is trusted and that you're not being ripped off and you should be fine. Amazon marketplace monitors sellers to make sure that they are acting the way they should and Ebay does the same. I would also recommend Overstock.com for a variety of things.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    If it's available, you might want to try looking for shipping services that specialize in transporting U.S. products to your country. We have such a service here that allows us to shop from these sites and the products are all sent to their main office in the states, consolidation of products from different stores is also often possible. The only problem is, of course, the shipping usually turns out to be much more expensive. I'd only advise anyone to use said service if the item were extremely rare, otherwise, you'd probably be paying the same price as you would have if you'd bought it from your own country or worse, even more expensive.

12. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what items are you going to purchase or needed to ship to other countries. I would say try Amazon or Ebay, which I think they will ship worldwide depending on the items and the weight associated with them. I think Amazon offers a better choice for items to be shipped worldwide because there's also international versions of Amazon.