Any suggestions for a good used pickup truck?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by dissn_it • Jan 24, 2013.

1. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We are thinking about purchasing a smaller sized 4Wd pickup truck with an extended cab. It would probably be similar to a Ford Ranger or Toyota Tacoma. We wanted something that will fit into our garage and get fairly decent gas mileage. Does anyone have any recomendations or a good website to get comparisions of used pickup trucks? Thanks!

2. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I have a Ranger, it is not four wheel drive but I have had it for almost 10 years and I have to say it has done me well. I find that most people who own Rangers are pretty happy with them. I got mine as a lease and after the lease I bought it.
    With the lease I had three years to decide whether or not I liked it. Obviously I did.
    Good truck and pretty good bang for the buck.
    Ryder13

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the Ranger recommendation. It is funny that it is because of a Ranger that got us thinking about getting a truck in the first place. We found one on AutoTrader that was a really good deal. One owner, only 32k miles on it and less than $10k. Unfortunately, by the time we decided to go for it, it was gone. We'll keep looking!

4. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Good luck. The Ford and the Mazda versions are, except for badges, the same too so keep that in mind.
    I was a bit surprised when Ford cut the Ranger. I guess it was a year or so ago.
    Pretty much means no smaller trucks. But I guess the smaller truck demand is now taken up with smaller SUVs like the Ford Escape.
    Ryder13

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I was surprised when Ford cut the Rangers, too. It's good to know that Mazda is the same thing as a Ranger, we will definately keep that in mind as we are looking. I didn't know that until you told me. We are wanting a smaller truck to haul yard waste and such. I don't think an SUV would meet our needs. Besides, it is only the two of us now the kids are grown and gone. A small truck is exactly what we need so hopefully there will always be some market for them. My first car was actually a truck! Thanks again for the info.