Any thoughts on the Moto G by Motorola?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by curtclicker • Sep 26, 2014.

1. curtclicker

curtclickerMember

Threads:
    motorola-moto-g-2014-sg-12-820x420.

Here's a link to the specs:

The Moto G is a very affordable smartphone released by Motorola in the past month. To me, it looks like a steal for $179, off contract. Since most bargain hunters have switched to the $30 T-Mobile plan, do you guys think this is a good deal for an unlocked smartphone? It has a quad-core processor and 5" screen, but has 720p resolution. Even though most flagship phones run at 1080p, they also cost a crazy amount more, like the S5 which retails off contract for around $500 bucks off contract.

What do you think about this phone? A savvy steal or low-end garbage? I'm thinking about picking this up as my main phone to use, would be helpful to hear your thoughts.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They just released the second generation of the Moto G, which is what I assume this is. The device is absolutely a steal at the unlocked price of $179.99, and models are available for both CDMA and GSM. The 720p screen shouldn't be a huge issue for most people, unless you're nitpicky about video quality and whatnot. Otherwise, the device features fantastic mid-range specs, although the processor isn't suitable for power users. Otherwise, it's got decent battery life and plenty of features. Price-wise, it's unbeatable.