Any Tips About Saving Money During Your Trip?

Discussion in Travel started by Sharry Lee • Dec 23, 2017.

1. Sharry Lee

Sharry LeeNew Member

Threads:
    Hi all,
    I want to travel during holiday, but i have spent too much money on buying clothes, gift and etc, so i can't spend too much on my trip. Anyone has some tips about how to save money during the travel? I would be very grateful if you tell me some nice tips, thanks for advance!;)

2. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Choose a hotel that have low price. It is better to stay in BnB (bed and break fast instead of a hotel). Choose a low cost tranbsportation while touring (get into the bus instead of taxi). Try local foods. Local foods cost less. Do not buy every thing you see in the market.

3. Sharry Lee

Sharry LeeNew Member

Threads:
    Hum, thanks for your advice!

4. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    You talk about your having spent money on clothes and gifts and that being the case wanting to travel seems a bit odd to me. Why have you bought those gifts and for whom are they? Are you not planning on spending Christmas with your near and dear ones?

5. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I doubt if it is possible to save money on trips since you can't negotiate the fare. The only way you can use less when travelling is by choosing a cheaper means of transportation like a train.

Since it all depends with your destination and what you are willing to spend, you can cancel the trip and travel in January where prices will have fallen. Now that Christmas is over and incase you were traveling to send gifts, you can share with us the solution you used.

6. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    My suggestion is to simply pick cheaper gifts to buy. You don't have to pay hundreds of dollars out of your pocket, just try to find some good items on sale either online or in stores. Give out gift cards and cash to family members instead to save a bit of extra money. Maybe just get one gift per friend/family to save.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    First is the hotel. We book via online booking websites instead of directly to the hotel’s website. Online booking websites is cheaper since you are given an automatic discount. With the food when you are in your destination, check the amount of serving. We usually order just one serving for me and my wife because there are times that we couldn’t finish when we order for each of us. With the roaming around the place, learn how to take the bus or train. Taxicabs are expensive and the bus or train can save you a lot of money for transportation.

8. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    Look at buying a bus ticket vs a flight, also look for a hotel that has a microwave and a fridge and because saves money by only going out to eat once a day. And check the hotel discount websites because sometimes you can get the same hotel 50% cheaper on another website. And last but not least if you're not going to be doing a lot of traveling, consider getting an uber instead of a car rental.

9. Sirius

SiriusMember

Threads:
    Some advice from me:

1) Plan your trip in advance. Booking your flight 2-3 months in advance will save you money on tickets.

2) If hotel prices are too expensive for you, look for cheap hostels. I'm not saying you should sleep in a room with complete strangers (you can do it, if you don't have a problem with this), but hostels now offer twin bed private rooms on a cheaper price than hotels.

3) If you're not into hostels, you can look for guest houses. There are people who rent out rooms in their houses/apartments on a really affordable price. I myself will be going to London in May and I booked a room for two people for 80 pounds. We'll be staying 3 nights. 80 pounds for two people for three nights in London - unheard of!

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When we went to Japan we saved money by eating in eateries where the locals eat...it's hearty, delicious and cheap plus plentiful! Another way to save money is to enjoy seeing and not buying...I know it's hard not to buy to remember the place you went to, but enjoying the memory is the best thing about traveling, not the souvenir.

11. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    When I travel, I always check in at hostels rather than in hotels for me to save a lot of money. And second, I always set a budget for a certain day, and I would never exceed that specific budget I have to save money during my trip or travel.

12. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I think that the best way to save money while you are in a trip is to take food from home and avoid restaurants, and if you need to sleep do not choose a hotel try to find a place to sleep to the local people, they will be glad to offer you a room for a smaller price than a hotel.

13. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Use the same vehicle up to your destination. This issue of alighting and bording different vehicles makes the trip more expensive. Then, carry with you some food you can eat from the road. Most roadside restaurants are very expensive and you can find yourself spending a lot of money.

14. eminem77

eminem77New Member

Threads:
    When travelling, always look for cheap flights and book it ahead of time to save a lot of money. Download apps such Airbnb and avail their promos and discounts.

15. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah cheap flights, local foods, try local transportation and local advisor how can tell you where the you can shop gifts at reasonable prices and you need to be lucky. You know some time the luck lead you towards your best journey.

16. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    All of these are really helpful and i am sure this will be quite interesting and impressive for having such a good time.