Any tips or porduct for thin hair?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Cara18 • Nov 21, 2013.

1. Cara18

Cara18Member

Threads:
    My hair is really thin. Does anyone know any products or home remedies to make it thicker? I am biracial if that matters and I am looking for something that is inexpensive.

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've been having problems with that and was afraid to use over the counter products that have steroids like Rogain and opted to use a home remedy of ground garlic and onion. I know that sounds crazy but I rubbed that on my head with some olive oil and hair has almost all grown back in the spot it was thinning. Also make sure you're eating a good multivitamin with lots of vitamin B.

#2Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most people thin as they get older, but if you're talking major thinning, that requires a doctor to figure out (which they mostly can't).. there is no cure, but you can take whatever they give you for subtle results, change your diet etc. Products from the store are just taking advantage of your situation.

4. Dolson910

Dolson910Member

Threads:
    I have the same issue with having thin hair. It really stinks. I take the supplement, Biotin, daily. It is supposed to improve the appearance of hair, nails and skin. I also use Clear nourishing shampoo. It is supposedly formulated to help the health of your hair at the scalp which in turn helps your hair to grow. I am not completely sure of its effectiveness that way, but I do notice that as I wash my hair, less hair is falling out. Hope this helps.

5. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    My grandparents' hair are really healthy and nice despite their age, I saw some of their old photos and my grama's hair was really gorgeous.
    She told me that her secret is rubbing aloe vera on her hair, she considers it her hair spa treatment. My grandpa's uses it on his scalp in the areas
    where the hairlines are receding. I guess it really works, haven't tried it though.

6. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard really good things about castor oil. I know it's a really thick oil, but I have seen and heard countless testimonies about this oil resulting in thicker and longer hair. It's very inexpensive and I've heard that you'll see results within a few weeks.