Any User Experiences With Magic Mesh?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by MissLibby • Jun 13, 2016.

1. MissLibby

MissLibbyMember

Threads:
    We live out in the country and on nice days we like to keep our door open to let in fresh air. The only drawback is the flies that come inside. So we thought we would solve this problem with Magic Mesh. Although it did help to keep some of the flies out, we still had them come in. The mesh screen is flimsier than I thought it would be and while the magnetic strips worked good to keep the screen closed, the bottom of the screen was loose and that's how the flies would get inside. When the wind is blowing, the thing is almost useless as the wind would blow the magnetic strips apart. After using it for the season, it was dilapidated, so we threw it away. It had some rips and one of the magnetic strips fell off. I don't think that we were extremely rough with it. I had considered buying another one for this year, but haven't yet. Before I do, I wanted to know about other people's experience with this product and if anyone has any solutions to any of the problems I had with Magic Mesh. I really want to like this product because I think overall, it's a good concept.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen that product advertised. I have been wondering about it. I was thinking it might be something to hang so I could open the front door, and keep the cat inside. I do alrerady have a screen in the back so that works. I don;t know, from what you are saying, it doesn't sound like the product is worth purchasing. I don't like to buy things just to have to throw them away a bit later.

3. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I do not have any experience with it, but it sounds like a useful product. I love getting some fresh air but the flies and gnats are terrible, depending on the day. I usually like to get products like this in store where I can see it, but I have to say that I am going to look into this, and maybe it is one of those that are in stores too. Thanks for sharing.

4. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We ordered one from Amazon, I don't think it was called Magic Mesh; but it was the same idea, a magnetic screen door kind of thing. It was simple and easy to install; but it was just a little bit too small for the size of our front door, which is where we wanted to use it. My husband, Bobby, said it would be fine on theback door because it is just a little bit narrower of a door; but we really didn't need one out there, and he never got around to putting it up.
    However, we had aneighbor who had one, and she loved hers; so I think that if you get one the right size that they are great.
    You can just push through them, and the magnetic clams put it back in place again. Ours was just a little too wide for the magnets to fall back in place properly; so be sure to get the right size, of one that is adjustable.

5. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I have installed one of this device and it has been working effectively for me. I am grateful that I may now be able to open the backdoor, where it is, without having to encounter the flies. The material is somewhat delicate, not very durable, however, if it's handled with care it will last for quite a while I believe.