Any way to avoid surveys and offers?

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by techbeast34 • Dec 1, 2012.

1. techbeast34

techbeast34Member

Threads:
    I usually download many tools and other things, but most of the time, whenever I download something obscure and unknown, there will almost always be a survey or offer, and I can't seem to get past them by filling out fake info, as it seems to always just go on and on. I have tried blocking javascript in my browser, and also blocking the element with AdBlock element blocker, but it never works. Have you been able to get past surveys on downloads and has it worked for you most of the time?

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Does AdBlock Plus (FireFox addon) not solve the problem? I hate these surveys, the people who insist on having them on their sites are the worst kind of evil.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Why are you trying to download something obscure and unknown anyway? :p

4. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    What are you trying to download? Maybe there is another way of downloading it maybe going to the official product website would help and you could download without all of the surveys and offers.

5. Joyce aka Nana

Joyce aka NanaNew Member

Threads:
    The thing is you will not get what you are trying to get to until you "buy" or "try" something. I do Internet marketing and this is a big thing with what is called the CPA networks. I do NOT use them. I hate them too! I think they are deceptive and trick a lot of people without them knowing what is happening. My daughter was going through one and ended up getting her bank account charged for 99.00 two weeks in a row before she even knew it was going on. She thought she signed up for a free shopping site to get great bargains. Thankfully, the bank did reverse the charges, but she went through two weeks of great stress over this. Be very careful and read the terms of everything if you are signing up for something.

The way they got her to put her bank account information in was that they told her when she made her first purchase they would pay her $50.00 or something like that. When I went and looked at the site myself, it was true that they said that. That was in big print and then at the bottom the terms were there in much smaller print that said you would be charged 99.00 a month for the privilege of buying stuff from them. Why they charged her two weeks in a row we could not figure out. Make sure you read these "surveys", which are not surveys at all!

In all cases -- caveat emptor - buyer beware.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't came across this issue usually when i download something it will ask me about offers or what not and i just hit skip and move on to my download.

7. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    Blocking Javascript won't block the surveys, there are other ways to bypass the survey. Depending on the site you are trying to download from, search for "sitename survey bypass" or something like that in Google and you will come across different ways to do it. Most of the bypass methods are fake but some of them really work but you got to search for them.

8. srinivas0812

srinivas0812Member

Threads:
    They are called Content Lockers. You won't be getting through them that easily. The guy who uploaded a file needs a survey for you to unlock. Blocking JavaScript or using a adblock won't solve the problem. By the way, for every successful survey you unlock, the uploader will be paid anywhere near $1-$20.

9. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    You might also want to run deep virus and malware scans on your computer (the full-length scans). If you've been downloading obscure and unknown files, your system might be riddled with things that are causing you to encounter more ads and surveys.

If software is of any real value, then it won't be unknown to others so you should always download from well-known sites. Just google the software's name and, first, try to find a review or forum discussion about the software to get a better idea of if it's even worth downloading. Also, look for its availability on more popular sites.

It sounds like you also need firewall and/or malware software that integrates with your browser to help you avoid obscure sites that have already been reported as bad sites.

10. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    You have to be really, really careful to read the fine print, uncheck boxes, etc. It's a major hassle. :(

11. saveraddict

saveraddictMember

Threads:
    What these sites offer the uploaders is basically a get-rich-quick scheme, because they make a few cents when you upload. And then the site makes money from the survey. Now many times these are scams, and because there is money involved the download is also a scam because the uploader is just using it to get money. So you may get burned twice with not even a download to show for it.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have also done these surveys, since the survey bypass tutorials on Youtube don't work at all. Or maybe they got aware of it and they tried to fix it. Anyway, I hope you find a working trick that can help you bypass those surveys, there are lots of tutorials over there on Youtube.

13. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    I usually don't download something if you have to go through the annoying process of filling out surveys and such. In any case, the so called obscure programs and such aren't even reliable as far as running them on your comp is concerned. I've seen far too many cases of people suffering due to things like these to do something like this myself.

14. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    Most stuff that we download these days bring those annoying software attached, but in most of them you have an option not to install them, a small click you just do to say no. The problem is many of us don't bother to read that stuff and we just press next next next and then we're in trouble.

15. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    True, and the worst is that we are so accustomed to get that crap attached with the software that we sometimes click what we believe is the "NO" button or "Skip Offer"

Distrust of those free offers that come with an installation software and read what the buttons say because the button that cancel an installation one day, could be the one that confirms it the next one.

16. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Blocking javascript won't work because these surveys use javascript. Maybe they have some tracking code in there. That means if you're to download whatever it is you want to download, you'd have to enable javascript first and then get bombarded with flash ads.

I've gone through this before but I discovered that these files can be found elsewhere if you use the appropriate search terms. If you can't find it on freeware sites then chances are you can buy the file some place where you don't have to take surveys and such. . .

17. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have personally tried all those pop up blockers but they don't seem to work on the most annoying and persisting surveys and spam. I just tend to x it out of my computer and that my only solution up until someone else recommends something better for me.

18. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    I don't think there is a way to do that. you just can't avoid them.