Any ways to pay for Amazon purchases using my Paypal account?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by deathbyprayer • Sep 11, 2014.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm tired of Amazon not integrating Paypal as one of their payments methods. It's not much of an inconvenience for me but I use Paypal for all my online purchase except for Amazon and I would love it it if I can get the two to talk. Do you know any other direct method? I know other sites that offer gift cards but that's really not that convenient.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, it makes complete sense that Amazon doesn't allow PayPal payments in this manner. They offer competing payments services, so Amazon would be hurting itself. Just get the PayPal debit card for free that's tied directly into your account and offers 1% cashback on all signature/online purchases. Then you can order directly from Amazon using your PayPal account. That's your only option that doesn't involve annoying workarounds.

3. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not aware of any other ways to pay except Giftcards or credit cards. I personally just use Giftcards that I've built up all year through various sites and pay that way. I don't like using my credit cards if I really don't have to. Paypal is my preferred choice to but like you said, not everyone takes it unfortunately.

4. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with troutski, You should get the paypal debit card. You can use it anywhere. It's free and they send it to you within a few days of sign up. It has made my life much easier because I get paid through paypal often for my work. Instead of having to wait 5-7 days for the money to transfer into my bank account I can use the funds immediately. The card also comes with 3% cash back, so that's a plus.

5. Serenity Fay

Serenity FayMember

Threads:
    My thoughts exactly. I know Paypal is a competitor to Amazon but I just don't feel as safe checking out without paypal to cover me in case of a dispute. Others have already mentioned the paypal credit card which seems like a great option, and many people seem to use and like it so it must be worth it.