Anybody Fill Out Those Surveys On Receipts?

Discussion in Coupons started by clauemi • Jan 10, 2016.

1. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I always check my receipts for any surveys. They usually ask you to grade them on your experience and in return they give you a coupon or a good deal. I recently filled out two Pizza Hut surveys and got 2 $10 off coupons for my next purchase. I usually don't fill out the surveys for sweepstakes entries because I've never heard of anyone winning. Anyone else do this?

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's a good discount from Pizza Hut. Yes, I always fill out the register receipt surveys. I particularly like the ones that enter me into sweepstakes, because hope springs eternal, even though I've never won anything from this type of sweepstakes. I have won a few other sweepstakes, although nothing too huge, so I do believe in them. Most, if not all, sweepstakes are regulated by the government, so are at least legitimate on the surface, but of course how many can the government really oversee? I'm sure they do what they can, but no doubt there are some that slip through the cracks.

3. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I periodically answer the online receipts after making a purchase, especially if my shopping trip or experience at the place was really great. Usually there is a question asking of anyone went above and beyond to help you. I try to help out the employees at the store or restaurant by answering the survey for them and giving them good ratings if they did a good job. As a former server at a popular chain restaurant and bar, we were rated on customer satisfaction through surveys, and often we would be given the better shifts or section of tables if we had good ratings.

I have never won any of the sweepstakes that are offered by some businesses for answering the survey, but you cannot win of you do not enter! :) The businesses that offer coupons for filling out the surveys have the right idea, because that is how they get consumers to come back to their business, rather than somewhere else.

4. LilyRaven

LilyRavenNew Member

Threads:
    I try my best to fill the surveys out, whether it be a receipt or one of the ones that take place after an online chat. I used to work for a company where our pay was actually determined on our ratings. If customers left horrible ratings just because they didn't like something that was out of our control, our pay would go down, so since then, I have tried to give fair and truthful ratings to help the workers out. I don't remember if I have ever won anything, but it's worth a try, right? Surveys are a great way for the shops to determine how well a store is doing so I think it's a good idea to at least do one per store. If you shop somewhere often though, I wouldn't personally do every single one. That's just my two cents on the subject.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have completed the surveys from the restaurants and received a free sandwich in return for completing the survey. I like to get the free food when ever I can. Some of the other surveys that are available have not offered any type of discount or free food.

6. RNswife2014

RNswife2014New Member

Threads:
    I make a point to rate the service for the coupons that are redeemable on my next visit. Why not? :) I've heard that the ratings can improve the service and may factor into the employees pay like LilyRaven said, so those are added motivations as well!

7. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I have filled out surveys off of receipts before. Popeyes is the best when it comes to a good deal. You can get two free pieces of chicken of your choice when you buy a large pop. The best part is since I paid for the pop I can get another receipt and do the cycle again. I have done this with McDonald's as well. I recently filled out a sweepstakes for family dollar and Walmart. I just wanted to give it a chance.

8. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:

I do fill out surveys from time to time that are on the store receipts. I have yet to win something. I need to do it consistently again. I did win $50 for an online questionnaire from my local grocery store. I was pleasantly surprise to receive that gift!

9. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @prose@prose I do the same with regard to mentioning anyone who has gone above and beyond and provided excellent service. I've also gone the other way, and pointed out issues, so hopefully other customers won't have to go through the same situations.

I have one sitting in front of me that I'm going to fill out online when I'm finished here. It's from Walmart, and I already entered it into Savings Catcher. I'm interested to see if Savings Catcher has gone back to where they used to be, or if they're still as limited as they were when I stopped using them. Initially, they compared to many stores, and I'd get a decent amount of money back, but at the end, only around one product per shopping trip was compared to one other store in the area, so it really wasn't worth doing.

That's good to know about Popeye's @Jasmine2015@Jasmine2015, I'll definitely keep that in mind, since free chicken would be nice.

10. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    When Churches Chicken was here, I filled out those surveys for a free chicken strip. I LOVED their chicken strips a lot. Those were the only surveys I filled out from a receipt. I should pay more attention to the rest of the receipts. I tend to not fill out the ones giving away money. My mom always wants me to fill those out though haha.

11. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I always forget about the surveys. I need to remember to do the Kroger's survey since it will give me more fuel points, but I just usually am too busy scanning the receipt to save money with my grocery apps that the survey slips my mind. I know a friend of mine does the ones from her grocery store in hopes that she will win a grocery shopping trip. I have never heard of anyone winning one of the sweepstakes but I am sure someone somewhere does.

12. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Yes! I always do the Del Taco ones because they give you $1 off of a $3 purchase. I can get a taco, burrito, nachos and a drink all for $2.60 thanks to that survey and their value meal! I always keep them in my purse so I can get some cheap Mexican food on the fly.

13. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    Here there are companies that will give you loyalty points for filling out a survey about your experience while in store. I always fill those out because it's a great way to get a nice boost to my points total without having to spend anything to do so. However I don't tend to fill them out if it's a sweepstake unless there's a lot of prizes. Even then I doubt I'll win and tend to use my time doing something else instead.

14. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    That is so cool! I m going to start filling them out more often. I have never heard from someone who has actually won anything. That gives me some hope! Thanks for the post!

15. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen a couple that offer a free meal or something (usually with a purchase) if you tell them about your visit. Like Popeye's chicken had one for a "free" two piece meal (after purchase of large soda) if you signed up to answer their questions. You have to redeem the coupon within two days though, if I remember correctly. It might have been three, but I'm thinking it was the former, because I never got around to using them ... it's usually a few days between my visits to the city where there is a Popeye's location.

Not too bad of a deal.

16. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do that from time to time. I should do them more often, because I doubt many people do them, thus I think my chances of winning are pretty good. Sometimes you get freebies just for filling it out. I love Popeyes. However, I probably am not going to go back to the location within 3 days to use the coupon. I don't have any in this immediate area. I go to Food Lion alot and I think you can get 500 dollars for filling out the survey if you win the drawing..even if it was a gift card for Food I would be overjoyed.

17. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tried doing surveys for Safeway and other stores but found that it was too time consuming and the percentages of winning was slim, so I stopped doing surveys. It's not instant prizes or money or food, so I'll pass on it for now.

18. bellahpereira

bellahpereiraMember

Threads:
    I used to do every single survey invitation I got on my Walmart receipts lol. It sounds ridiculous when I think about it now but I thought if I did most of them I would have a higher chance of winning. I'm sure it won't surprise any of you to learn that I never won a single gift card from doing the surveys lol. It's nice that they want to know how they did and if they could have done better to help their customers but I think they need to make the prizes a little more realistic. In the OP's case, they received a good compensation for helping them fix their business but in other cases, like my own, we are helping them figure out how to increase their profits but we have nothing to gain from it.

Short answer: I stopped doing them when I realized I wasn't going to win anything lol.