Anybody Here Can Give Me A Review Of The New Windows Phone 8.1?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by deathbyprayer • Feb 8, 2015.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I broke my Android phone a few months ago so I had to go back and dust off my old Windows Phone 7, which was a Samsung by the way, just so I have a phone to use. Although I love Windows Phone, coming back from Android, Windows Phone (7.8) seems really outdated and lacking but I really love the Windows OS and I think it has a lot of potential to be a rather good operating system.

I was about to purchase a new Android phone but I was thinking about getting a Windows Phone 8.1 instead because I'm pretty bored with Android to be honest, but I'm not so sure about it since my experience with Windows Phone 7.8 is a bit iffy and I'm not sure if Microsoft actually fixed those issues this time. Anybody want to give their opinion on the new WP8.1?

2. Aasif Khan

Aasif KhanMember

Threads:
    Here is the full list of

. I won't recommend buying a Windows phone device. Android is not something you have to get bored with. There are a tons of customization options available. I am guessing you are yet to use Android Lollipop. It will be a breath of fresh air from your previous Samsung phone.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why wouldn't you recommend buying a Windows Phone device? Critics and users tend to love the experience, but the main detractions lie within how many apps are available. Otherwise, it's a fluid and usable experience. The introduction of Windows 10 for smartphones will only make things better, so it's hard not to give Windows a recommendation if you like the devices it's available on.

Android isn't the only option.

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends entirely on what you do with your phone. The lack of apps for windows phones is a huge problem for me. There are no mpoints, no swagbucks, as far as I know, no earnings apps. If you aren't into that in the first place and have no intention of getting into that, windows phone may be great for you, but if you might ever have an interest in doing any of these things I would suggest android or Apple.