anybody who tries petroleum jelly to have longer eyelashes?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by kitkat0124 • Aug 28, 2013.

1. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I saw beauty products that can help to have a longer eyelashes. I tried one, but I stopped it because it irritates my eyes. I also heard from a friend that petroleum jelly can be used to have a longer eyelashes. I really want to improve my eyelashes. Anyone here who tried it? Does it really work?

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of this I would think putting petroleum on your eyes would create irritation. There are medications you can get from your doctor that will help with lengthening your eye lashes. Taking a good multi-vitamin that has a good amount of B helps promote hair growth.

3. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard several testimonials on youtube of people trying this method and having great success. Of course, there were some that stated that it didn't work for them. I decided to give it a try, but it made my vision blurry, so I only did it once. Maybe I should have applied it just before going to bed.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm blessed to have naturally long eyelashes, so I haven't really tried applying anything to my lashes other than an eyelash curler. Why not just resort to good 'ol make up to do the trick? After all, as soon as we get home, there is no need for us to look pretty anymore.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You should be careful with this, as you could possible cause blepharitis doing something like this. I am prone to getting that for some reason already, it's when the hair folicles from your eye lashes get blocked up and cause your eyelid to swell. It can take a week or two for it to completely go away and is very itchy and annoying.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of this before. But I think it would irritate the eyes and maybe make your eyes water and burn I know a few weeks ago my sister accidently threw some and it got right under my eye and my eye started burning like I had smoke in it so I don't think it'd be a good idea.