Anyone Avoiding Wireless?

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by YorkshireLass • Sep 24, 2012.

1. YorkshireLass

YorkshireLassMember

Threads:
    I've read a few articles just recently about people avoiding wireless technology because they believe it to affect their health. There is a study (only one I can find not funded by the telecommunications industry) that would suggest it can effect your health. It is almost impossible to avoid completely, but it was very interesting.

I just wondered if anyone else had read anything or preferred to avoid wireless technologies?

2. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I think I would love to know more about this article. Would you please share the link?

3. jane211

jane211Member

Threads:
    I've read something similar to this a while ago but wireless technology does not concern me too much. You cannot avoid wireless technology, it is everywhere you go these days, and I have not yet heard any conclusive prove that it could be bad for your health.

There are the same concerns over mobile phones and phone masts but there was no conclusive proof that they could adversely affect your health either.

4. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    In my opinion it is true that both cell phones and wireless networks affect your health. If someone tells me that a device that generates continuous waves near you won't harm you, I will tell him where to go. It is obvious that this will affect people on long term, and mobile and network companies won't admit it. That's why I unplug my wireless router anytime I don't use it.

5. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I've read similar articles, but I've always assumed that the radiation is quite negligible to do any major harm to us. However, one never knows about the cumulative effect of all this radiation around us.. wifi, mobiles, microwaves.

6. YorkshireLass

YorkshireLassMember

Threads:
    Sorry it took me so long to reply, I have been looking everywhere for a working link to the article but not found it again! If I do I'll post it.

Interesting to hear some other view points. It's so hard to find any data that hasn't been generated or sponsored by telecommunications companies, it made me a little more suspicious. So many things that have been harmful to human health in the past have been covered up for long periods of time, so it's so hard to know what's true and what's not.

7. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't really read that article. It must be interesting why it will affect our health. However, I do avoid wireless because it seem my computer works really slow with it so I'm wired with rj45 :D

If you could please share the link, it must be interesting to read.

8. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I think this article would be very interesting to read, whenever you find the link, please share it. If we use certain technology continuously, I do believe it can have adverse effects to our health in the long run.

9. YorkshireLass

YorkshireLassMember

Threads:
    Hi again!

Here are some links to some of the information, I still can't find the original article but I'm sure I will eventually!

It's interesting, just a shame we never get answers until after something has been introduced into our daily lives.

10. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    I remember seeing a documentary about Electromagnetic fields. It shocked me. It was about a street at the limit of a town, and this street was very close to an electrical power station. They had high voltage power cables passing by, some even above their homes. They made numerous complaints about the cables, the posts and the constant "buzz" noise the cables make. Of course because they were poor people no one did anything about this. And then cancer started to appear. On a street that never had any case of cancer before, there were over 20 cases in the next 30 years following the construction of the power plant. A scientist studied the people over many years and declared he was 100% sure the permanent living in the EMF caused or accelerated many cases of cancer. Of course the authorities told the people to move from the street.
    So, in conclusion, as I said before, living constantly in and EMF is not going to don't leave bad results, but mostly will show in time. Let's not forget that the wireless technology is relatively new and we don't know all it's effects.