Anyone Convert An Analog Tv To Hdmi?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by MrsJones • May 5, 2016.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I have a analog tv that I just hate to get rid of and would like to enable it to receive digital content. I have been watching a lot of Youtube on this. It doesn't seem that complicated and the cost of the adapters is reasonable. I was wondering if anyone has done this and how has it worked out for you?

2. NickJonathan98

NickJonathan98Member

Threads:
    Judging from what you have said in your first sentence you are looking for is an MPEG-4 decoder.

However, your title implies something different; a cable adaptor that would allow your analog TV (SCART?) to output to HDMI.

Please elaborate more.

3. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I have done this before. All it took was these equipments:
    • HDMI Cable
    • RCA Video Cables
    • HDMI to RCA Video Converter
    • RGB Component Cable
    Then, you would need to follow the instructions below:
    • With an HDMI Cable, connect the HDMI Output from your device to the input of the Video Converter.
    • Connect the coloured wires of the output to the corresponding inputs of the Analog television with the RGB Component Cable.
    • Then, connect the both sides of the audio output of the HDMI Converter to the input of the Analog TV with the use of the RCA Video Cables.
    • Plug the HDMI Converter. Turn on the TV, the converter and lastly, the video source.
    It has worked pretty well enough for me and it didn't give me any troubles until now. I hope this helps and good luck!

4. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    @NickJonathan98@NickJonathan98 Just goes to show you that I'm not tech savvy enough to explain it correctly. I appreciate your response.

@Briannagodess@Briannagodess This is great! I have every item except the HDMI to RCA video converter. Thank you.

#4May 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't done it and was forced to go digital in my area. I miss my analog! I really don't even see the difference between the two and my digital channels are always going out! Good choice with sticking to analog!