Anyone doing P90x?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by MoniqueSeibel • Aug 1, 2012.

1. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    Today is my first official day starting a cycle of P90x. Anyone else doing the program or have in the past? We could try to make this a motivational thread if anyone is.

I was hoping with the release of P90x 2, the original program price would come down, but it hasn't really reduced much. Nonetheless, anyone trying either programs right now?

2. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I noticed no one has commented yet. But I see it's been about a week since you started. How are you liking it?

3. MoniqueSeibel

Threads:
    Well thanks for responding! It went pretty well. It is a very difficult program but I like it. I lost 3 pounds and a couple inches which is nice for the first week.

4. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! That is awesome progress in just a week. Don't worry, it'll get a little easier, but you do want to progress up in your weights eventually when it gets too easy, right? Good job!!!

5. neovlad

neovladMember

Threads:
    Many of my friends did that and said it is mainly for losing weight. I tried out Insanity and that did the same thing just made you sweat a lot. If you are looking to lose weight then P90X is right, but if you would like to get stronger and build up your core than you should go to the gym.

6. MoniqueSeibel

Threads:
    P90x is focused on getting stronger and building your core? And the weight loss in consequent of that. It is moslyt focused around strength training and building muscle. I think it is the best workout alternative to going to the gym. You can get amazing workout with using your own body weight and free weights. Although, access to lots of machines is nice, it isn't necessary. Not to mention, gym memberships are quite pricey, specially when you consider the transportation costs as well.

7. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Could not agree with you more, Monique! It definitely is not necessary to go to the gym to build muscle. I've done both gym and home workouts and got just as good results working out at home as I did in the gym. And like you said, there are no membership fees and no driving required. It also bothered me that when I wanted to work out at the gym, people would want to come up and talk to me. I think I'm a friendly person, but when I'm working out, I want to concentrate on what I'm doing...not take frequent breaks so that I can tell you where I bought my workout shoes or answer quesitions for you on how to use a particular machine or do a certain exercise (that's what the staff is for, buddy).

Keep us updated with your progress, Monique!

8. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    Two friends of mine did P90x. You can clearly see the results, which were very dramatic. It works. You have to commit to do it the way they instruct you to on the DVDs. There is also a diet that they recommend you stick to, and of course it's based on healthy eating. Don't think that it's easy. It's hard when you first start out, but it will get easier as you continue to do it.

9. murbiz

murbizNew Member

Threads:
    I am in love with P90X.For a long period of time I tried different work out regiments but I never seemed to lose weight at all.

I started using P90X three years ago and my body has been completely transformed.Initially it was really hard to do it but after watching the dvd's they sent me and the motivational words from the trainer,Tony Horton,I found myself enjoying every workout.It took me a little longer than expected to get to my desired weight since I was only working out without dieting and taking the nutrients required but I finally did.

P90X really works but you have to stay focused.I am proof.

10. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Monique, how are you feeling? Have you gotten back to doing P90X since your injury? I hope all is well and that maybe you're too busy to check in but hope you will soon.

11. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    A girl friend of mine used the program and the results have been unbelievable she lost 18 pounds and is stronger. She has since toned down her program so that she can maintain her current weight and stay fit. She said in the beginning it was really hard and the workouts were more on the vigorous side. The key is to stick to the program and make the necessary adjustments to it as you go along.

12. Mikered25

Mikered25Member

Threads:
    I actually want to try to do P90x workout regimen. I heard that it does indeed work your entire body from the core to the ab muscles. I have seen videos on youtube from people who use the p90x program, and from what I am gathering it seems to work. What I am trying to do is build more muscle, and better cardio to my system, and also improve my eating habits by not eating out so much and dieting when I need to. I know its going to be hard but I am ready for the challenge.

13. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I did P90X a few years ago, but it didn't work that well for me. I also tried a lot of the other Beachbody programs. The one that I had most success with was Insanity, but unfortunately, my knees couldn't take that much pounding and I had to stop. I'm still doing similar hiit workouts, but they are shorter and not as high impact as Insanity. I've read a lot of people are having success with a program call Pump by Les Mills, which is also put out by Beachbody.

14. untitled

untitledMember

Threads:
    These types of programs will never be as effective as researching and creating a program that fits you personally. A lot of people that don't see good results with P90x are trying to lose "the last 10 pounds" when really they should be building muscle mass and working on a proper physique before trying to slim down to societies expectation of body fat percentage.

programs like p90x and Insanity have their place and do create results, but the return for work put in isn't as good as what a personal trainer can personally advise for you.