Anyone ever used Alibaba?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Colebra • Jul 20, 2014.

1. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    If you don't know about it, it's a website where you can order from China.
    It's for ordering in very large quantities, so definitely not a consumer's website...

I've been thinking about placing an order though. Has anyone used this?

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never done so but a friend of mine a electronics dealer is a regular customer of Alibaba.com. In fact the prices at this site are so attractive that almost everyone in business deals through it. But as you mentioned that the prices depend on quantity so larger the quantities cheaper the price. In fact the site mentions prices as per quantities. However, the businesses should know the reputation of a particular product since Alibaba supports its vendors rather than consumers.

3. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    Alibaba is one of the best e-commerce website that one can use to buy products from Asian countries especially China. One thing is that when shopping on the site, one needs to be extremely careful not to deal with fake sellers and that can be reduced by reading the reviews of those buyers. Also, when paying, always ensure that you use escrow to pay which can keep your money safe till you receive and confirm that it's the actual product that you ordered is the one sent to you.

4. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I have worked on the shopify project. And for that dropshipping option was required. So I had to use the Alibaba. And I have managed to find some of the suppliers and the manufacturers through their site. So it seems like that is one product that I'd needing for sure. Another thing is that I'd be needing a lot of effort on the site. You can find some good sellers but requires rating and feedback check for this.

5. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Alibaba is the Chinese equivalent of Amazon and that is the major reason why I have never used it for buying any until now. And I don't think I will ever use it.

6. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have done online shopping several times from Ali Express which is based in China. I wonder if it has any connections with Ali Baba. My experience with Ali Express has been pretty good. Despite the distance they have always kept to delivery schedules They send the items by post.

7. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Oh! Have you bought things from them? How was the quality and the shipping speed? I am quite reluctant to buy from them as I have heard stories about people being duped in terms of quality and quantity. There are a few things that I have always wanted to buy from them but never dared to do so.

8. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    You must read everything properly before ordering. I did not in one instances and what I got was what I did not want. They did ask me to return it which I did not. But they gave me a discount which could be used for future purchases.

9. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I've purchased items on Alibaba and I was rather happy, as the products had quality and they were cheap. Also, it didn't take as long to arrive as everyone was saying. All I did was to check the credibility of the supplier, he had a good rating, so I went ahead with the purchase.

10. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought anything on Alibaba, you have to buy in volume or buy high priced products (that cost hundreds of dollars). UNless you want toresell the products, buying on Alibaba is not a good option. If you are looking for chinese store to buy single items, Alixpress is better.

11. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't purchased yet from Alibaba, and I don't think I will, since I don't intend to buy products in bulk anyway. I would like to try to buy products from Ali Express if they offered free shipping.

12. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I also do not have tried Alibaba. I do not have massive information about this website.

Buy