Anyone Getting Problems With Apple Chargers?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by primaLucid • Feb 10, 2015.

1. primaLucid

primaLucidNew Member

Threads:
    Recently, I've been having a lot of trouble with Apple chargers for iPhone and iPad, more notably the 5 gen. The cord connecting the USB and the charger is flimsy and becomes so weak to the point where it has completely snapped in half. 3 chargers have stopped working due to the flimsy, skinny cord. Any suggestions on how to prevent this problem? I've spoken with a few other people, and they seem to have the same problem with their chargers.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have this exact same complaint about Apple chargers and I've already looked at their official page for selling these chargers and after seeing the reviews I wasn't surprised to see that I wasn't the only one feeling the rage for their subpar chargers. A lot of the reviews even state that they have already purchased multiple ones and all of them break at some point, which is why it really makes me wonder why Apple isn't doing anything about this. The worst part is that their chargers are so expensive, especially for laptops.

3. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I've been having this problem with all my apple charges. I hate them so much. I wish they we're just universal usb chargers, but no... Apple has to be special and have one of a kind charger outlets.

4. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I have the same problem a couple of years back and my cable charger left me to rely on china-made chargers which risks my iphone (the battery drains so fast when charged using the fake chargers). This has lead me to buy original iphone chargers although it is very expensive. I reflected on why my cable chargers went so bad last time and tried to avoid that I am doing with it to prolong it's life.

Last time, I do not take care of my cable that I just coil it together along with other cable and kept in a tight cable wallet. The frequent folding, coiling, etc (whatever you call it) made it like that - so now I just use a clothes hanger (with hook) to hang my charger cables (of all my gadgets, including laptop) when not in use. It became more organize, easy to use, easy to find, and it protects the cable from coiling (whatever you call it).

To conclude, all you really need is to properly take care of the cable so it will serve you best.

5. MrSuperCoolPenguin

MrSuperCoolPenguinNew Member

Threads:
    To be honest, Thunderbolt is a much more sophisticated cable than Micro-USB 2.0. I think it is also unfair to judge apple on this as Thunderbolt is also backed by intel, and more and more computers are now starting to use thunderbolt. Thunderbolt chargers are, in my opinion, better than the micro usb counterparts, and this is coming from a Nexus 5 and Samsung Galaxy S5 owner. If you don't like the ones that come with your apple phone, Amazon sells some nice third party chargers. I would not go with anything from ebay, as it won't be better than anything you currently have.