Anyone Got The New Iphone Yet?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by clair02 • Sep 28, 2016.

1. clair02

clair02Member

Threads:
    I would like to find out if it's worth rushing out to buy the iPhone 7 or should I just stick with my current phone? If anyone has it already, are there much improvements on the new version or is it pretty much the same thing as the older one?

2. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    I've not even had a chance to buy the iPhone 4, for real. I'm the kind of person who doesn't really care too much about new phones and that sort of thing, I'm more of acars enthusiast myself.

3. fcuco

fcucoNew Member

Threads:
    No, and I have no plans either, if anything this is a great time to buy some iPhone 6s models while their last, I am actually counting on a lot of people eventually wanting to downgrade to the previous model once they discover how useful the audio jack really was so this will probably increase the resell value of the iPhone 6.

The iPhone 7 offers marginal improvements, you probably won't notice the difference in performance to run the same applications, aside from the performance everything else is the same, except for the camera on the 7 plus, so if you are into photography this may interest you.

Remember that the next iPhone model is the 10th anniversary one, so, they probably have something big planned for that, so the 7 was basically an intermediate model.

4. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My son and my daughter always get the latest model soon after it comes out. My son has his already, and I am sure that my daughter will be ordering her new iPhone 7 soon. When she gets the new iPhone 7 Plus, she is going to give me her old iPhone 6 Plus, and I am already very excited about getting that .
    The iPhone 7 Plus has the most awesome new camera ! It actually has three cameras, one facing backwards for selfies, and two forward facing ones. the second one is like a zoom lens, and you can take longer distance pictures and bring them up close, and they will focus right in.
    Also the color and sharpness of the new camera is amazing. My son has been posting some landscape pictures that he has taken with his new iPhone camera, and the clarity is fantastic.
    The new zoom camera is also perfect for taking portraits, because it will focus on the subject, and make the background as blurred as you want it to be, and it can do this automatically.
    When I watched the Apple Event presentation, they explained all of the new features with the iPhone 7 ; but the camera was the feature that really caught my eye !

5. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    A lot is going to depend on what you actually want a phone for I think. I've never really been a fan of the new iPhone's and I switched to Android devices a while ago now, and looking at the new iPhone 7 there's nothing on there that would make me want to change back, but that's juts my opinion.

With any device such as these, I think the only way to really decide is to go to a shop and test the device out and see if it's what you need, and while I do normally like having the latest devices, for the cost of the new iPhone's, if the device I've already got is working for me, I don't think I could justify paying that amount for something to do the same job.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The cost of the new iPhones is definitely a consideration, and if I had to purchase my own phone, I would probably just be using one of the most basic cell phones just for when I needed to make a phone call.
    Since my daughter is getting the new phone every time they come out, it is awesome that she will give me her old one. Actually, the one I have is an iPhone 5, and I have had it 3-4 years now; so it is probably time that I updated it and got the newer one.
    The iPhone Plus is larger than my iPhone 5, and I am really looking forward to having the larger sized phone. My eyesight is not so great anymore anyway, so I really only use the phone for making calls and also for taking pictures; but it is nice to know that if necessary, I can also text or look online for something if I don't have anything larger than the iPhone to use to do that with.

7. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't gotten it and I have no plans to get it. Not only do I prefer android over iOS but the new phone is just not worth it to me. All because of the non existent earphone jack. Most people buying these phones these days are mainly doing it for the hype anyway. I'm humble so I'm okay with what I have,