Anyone here cut their own hair?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by anniep1978 • Sep 20, 2012.

1. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    Yes, just the bangs. I know what kind of bangs look good on me so I do it on my own. It used to be part of my full hair cut in the salon, but the stylist(s) could not get it right. Either it is too short, which I hate because it makes my face wide, or a bit long that I end up still cutting it when I get home. So, I always tell the stylist to leave the bangs just as it is and I will be the one to take charge of trimming it.

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I cut my own hair. I bought hair clippers around 10-years ago and I shave my head every two-weeks so it was a wise investment, it must have saved me thousands of pounds over the years. I wouldn't cut my hair with scissors, though, I haven't got the skills.

3. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    i don't have any idea of cutting so i can't cut my hair by myself,i pay for this because i am so carefull about my hair cutting,:)

4. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I never let myself cut my own hair. To be honest I just don't trust myself with something like tis. It's like fixing your own teeth and pretending you are the dentist(haha). I normally let my mom do it or we go to the salon if it is one of a more serious haircut.

5. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I usually cut everybody's hair in my family as well including mine. I have never heard of this ponytail cut, sounds interesting and I like that you said it will give you nice layers, I love having my hair layered but can never find anybody that does it right. I am going to check out the video and see how it is done. Thanks for the share.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I have before but it didn't turn out so well. I'll just leave it to the professionals xD.

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I just started to buzz my sister's hair. Do you know that whole half shaved head look? I did that on my sister a few weeks ago and now she's even coming to me for up keep. I think it's fun and I have gained more confidence in my hair cutting skills. Now I am looking for tutorials on how to fix up my long hair. It seems so boring.

8. avadarling

avadarlingMember

Threads:
    Ive been cutting my own hair for years. It wasn't until just about 2 weeks ago that I decided to get it professionally cut and that's only because I messed it up so bad that I needed help! I still think I do better on average than real hair dressers do haha. It just so happends that I messed up for the first time in 2 years.

9. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I sometimes cut my own hair. It can be a bit tricky tho! I learned how to cut hair in high school (too many years ago) so I can do both of my daughters' hair, but mine is a bit more of a trick. The good thing is that my hair is thick and curly so if it is a little bit uneven, nobody will notice once my hair is dry :)

I wish I could explain how I did it easily tho but I am going to try. I pull the hair straight down until my fingers are about where I want to cut and then I carefully move my hand and hair toward the front of my body so I can cut it easily. I say carefully so that you don't move the hair from the position it was in or it will be uneven. Hopefully that made sense!

10. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, i do.
    My hair doesn't need that much attention, so i just cut it with an electric razor and leave it with about 1cm long, with the front being a bit longer so i can spike it up. The difference in the bills really makes it worth it, so i recommend to every man out there with short hair.

11. Autismamak8

Autismamak8New Member

Threads:
    I cut my own hair all the time now, I've been cutting it for about 2 years now. I got sick of paying a stylist to give me haircuts I don't even like, so now I can just do my own and I always get what I want. The best thing to do is buy a razor comb straight razor from Sally beauty (like $7?) and make sure you have at least two mirrors so you can see the back of your head, if you want to avoid parts looking choppy you lift them straight up and cut a but and when they fall the ends spread out looking natural. I get compliments on my hair all the time too, so I must not be doing too badly heheh