Anyone here do paid online surveys?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by sandooch • Sep 2, 2012.

1. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I've been doing them on and off for several years. About a year or so ago I dropped many of them because they either didn't give enough surveys per month or I didn't qualify for most of them and I was pulling my hair out with all those tedious, redundant cell phone surveys. Well, now times are tighter than ever, so I've had to reluctantly sign up with most of those survey sites again.

Boy, they are even harder to qualify for than before. I've done 2 thirty-minute surveys all the way through and one said at the end that they had already met their quota and the other said I didn't qualify. What the...? :mad: I completed them all the way through, answering all there silly questions about their product over and over again. I certainly know the difference between qualifying for a survey and actually completing one after doing them for so many years. I've complained to them and, of course, hear nothing back.

Opinion Outpost used to be one of my favorites. I qualified for at least every other survey and could easily make $20 each month with them. I even won their $50 spin-to-win that they give you at the end of surveys you don't qualify for twice! Now, I maybe qualify for 1 out of 10, if I'm lucky. Their spin-to-win no longer has a $50 jackpot...it's either $1, $5 or $15. I have yet to win even a dollar in that last few months I've been back with them.

And Survey Spot it another one. I used to get flooded with emails from them to do surveys. Now, I didn't qualify nearly as much in the past as I did when I first signed up with Opinion Outpost, but I at least was able to make $10 each month with them. Now, I'm lucky if I get 2-3 surveys to do a week. I've been back with them for a month now and have only qualified for 1 survey in that whole time. :eek:

And what's with these surveys they offer for no pay. Yeah, like people just love wasting their time doing surveys for no money. It's boring enough when you're getting $1 for 20 minutes to do a survey, let alone for free. :rolleyes:

Anyway, there's my vent about surveys sites. How do you all feel about them? Any good ones that you'd like to recommend? Pinecone is one of the best. You never need to qualify to make $3 per survey and sometimes you get products to try. I wish they were all like this.

2. Methrend

MethrendNew Member

Threads:
    I use naturebucks to do my surveys. I'll often do a survey offer on it that I'm not qualified for, and will have to go through 10 or so surveys before I can complete one. Luckily it doesn't take much time....

The main reason I like it is because you can find other offers too, and everything pays uot different amounts. You can also cash out to paypal at a minimum of $0.05, so you can basically cash out what you've earned whenever you want to.

I might look into using Pinecone though, sounds pretty good.

3. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I just checked out those sites and people are completing offers wroth. .40 cents and .01 cents. I would rather dig ditches in the dead of winter for minimum wage then waste my time filling out survey's for .01 cents.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I don't do paid surveys as such, but I am with a site called Maximiles, which gives you points for looking at emails and filling in surveys. when you have enough points, you can cash them out for gifts. I build up my points through the year, and use them at Christmas. I usually manage to buy a couple of good quality gifts with the points I've accumulated, so it's worth it for me. I get one or two surveys each week, and three or four emails a week, so it doesn't take up much time.

5. Deana

DeanaNew Member

Threads:
    Pinecone is my favorite. I get $3 for each survey and average about 5 surveys a month...and maybe one free product a month. My last two were a full size coffee creamer, and a squeeze bottle of mayonnaise. Pinecone goes straight to Paypal and adds up. By the end of the year I some spending money for ebay.

I also do Paidviewpoint.com. They pay for each 10-15 quick question survey. There is a TON of repeats. I think I've been asked if I live in Michigan and if I'm a female 20 times each, but hey, it's their money. I'm up to $17 without really trying.

My favorite not really survey site is my points. I downloaded their search bar and use it instead of google. By searching through them I get a over a 100 points a month just doing what I already do. Then when I buy something and it's one of their points earners, they let me know. I don't buy anything to get points, but sometimes what I was buying anyway gets me points. I make about $100 in gift cards with them a year. Last year I paid for my family of 8 to go to Rain Forest Cafe for my daughter's birthday with two $50 gift cards from My points. I didn't even have to work at it. They just add up and I cash in!

My kids do KidzEyes too. They each made quite a bit of money after a year--$30-$45 each.

6. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    I have tried paid surveys in the past, and have had no luck with them. It's always the same thing, "Sorry You Do Not Qualify For This Survey". There has only been a few times where I actually qualified for the survey, and they were only worth $.50 - $2.00. It just isn't worth my time at all!

7. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Well I do surveys I make at least five or ten dollars a day. They are very easy to do. I never do the long surveys because I never qualify so I don't waste my time. I am signed up to so many. I think you maybe are signed up to the wrong ones, their are plenty that you can sign up to and make decent cash. You can try gptmonster.com, they have a list of gpt sites.

8. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I started doing survey several years ago when I had my son to make a little extra cash. I actually signed up for over 50 survey sites but I only have a select few that are my absolute favorite. I haven't really had the time to focus on them anymore since I've started working from home now as well. Some of my favorites are Viewpoint Forum- I love them! You get points regardless if you qualify for a survey or not to redeem for cash, plus they send out lots of products to try
    Pinecone Research-it's already been mentioned here
    Global Test Market- Its not hard to cash out with them plus if you don't qualify for a survey they throw your name into a drawing. I was surprised when I received a check from them for $300 for winning the daily drawing.
    YouGov- You always qualify for a survey. The only downfall is that you can only cash out for $100, nothing smaller than that. I'm fixing to be at the cashout point. You can however redeem for smaller items if you want such as clothing, movie tickets, and other items.

These are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head. I also do other survey sites that don't pay cash but pay in Amazon gift cards and other prizes. I also do some survey sites that just send you items as thank you for completing their surveys. For example L'Oreal has a survey site where if you complete so many surveys a month despite if you qualify or not, you will receive one of their full size products in the mail. They are usually pricey items too so it works well.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The ones i have came across are pretty good. There is inboxdollars swagbucks zoombucks unqiue rewards

10. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I do a few here and there. They have to be less than 30 minutes and pay 50 cents for me to look at them. I look for ones I have an interest in, like product reviews. I've had the best luck with mturk. The pay is a bit lower sometimes, but the surveys are easy and short. Plus there are plenty, so you can pick and choose.

11. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I tried doing surveys once but instantly quit because it is very hard for me to finish even a single one. Sometimes, I don't get the chance to finish it because of some kind of requirement which I can't comply to and I don' get paid because of that. Its frustrating because I'm already halfway through so I though about quitting for good. There are better jobs out there which can provide me with a better income than doing surveys.

12. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I still do surveys from time to time. I like Pinecone because you qualify for most of the surveys and they send a lot of products to test out. I gave up on most other survey sites after a few months of research. They are a scam, you usually cannot make more that pocket change and take a long time. Most companies want you to spend 15 minutes qualifying for a survey only to get turned down and paid nothing.

13. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I too don't qualify for most survey's. Which is why I gave up on that as a source of making a few chunks of internet change. Not to mention the survey's are so long, boring, and most of the time you never get the money promised to you for completing them. It's not a good gig really.

14. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! You are the first and only person I've ever heard of that's won one of these survey sites drawings. Congratulations!!!

Thank you all for the other sites mentioned. I've done some of them like Mypoints and Mturk (love both of those, too). I'll look into the others.

When I was really into doing survey a year or so ago, I would make between $250-$400 each month (sometimes there were a couple of focus groups included in there). But I'm looking to make $800 or more working from home if that's even possilbe.

thenextGeek, when you say there are better jobs out there that pay better than doing surveys, are you talking about online jobs? Certainly any B&M job will pay you more that doing surveys, but I'd love to find something that I could do from home that is non-phone. Anyone have any suggestions?

#14Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  15. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried Odesk? It is a place where you sign up to find contract jobs from home. I work two jobs that are on Odesk right now. One job I've had for 10 months now and it is still going strong. It is for Ask.com. Another one of my jobs from Odesk is writing product descriptions for $5 each. I get between $350 to $450 a week with those jobs together, so I make well over $800 a month. A friend of mine makes $800 a week but she only focuses on one job which is the product description one. Plus I have other little jobs like writing articles and other stuff. I also used to write articles for Textbroker as well before I got super busy with my jobs from Odesk. I've actually found that there are alot of good jobs online. I've actually had to turn down several jobs because I don't have enough hours in the day for all of them but they are there for people. It just took me a lot of searching to find them. One thing I did learn is that it is always best to have a backup because WAH jobs are not always guaranteed. I've had some jobs that will be super busy and then some months go dry and then get busy again.

16. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    Ok this is a great question! I hate surveys! I have tried a lot of companies. I dropped all of them but one. There is one that is FAST easy and not set up like the rest. You get paid fast into pay pal and you get something ( even if ten cents) for every survey. These are set so that some of them are like a video game and are ALL short! I love it. You can make up to $25 dollars off each referral too! Here is the

!

Also look at the bottom of the screen shot page for proof of my very first earnings with them.

t. You can cash out after $15 dollars. Seriously I hate surveys but this is truly the only one I like now.

17. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    +1 , its not really worthy to do it... It takes forever to do one offer,and none of them is worth more than 10 cents...

18. Carrilloe2007

Carrilloe2007New Member

Threads:
    paid surveys are more of a scam. They ask you money or they steal your information. It's not safe to do surveys. They may end up stealing you money in paypal or in your bank.

19. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know where you've heard this, but I've been doing surveys for years and have never had my money stolen from any survey site. Paypal is a secure site, so unless these survey sites have my Paypal password, there is no way they can steal my money. Yes, I'm not making as much as I used to doing surveys, but the ones I do do pay me and I've made several hundred dollars with them over the years.

20. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for posting the link to this site. It's a new one to me and looks promising. May I ask you how long it usually takes to make $15 to cash out?