Anyone into cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Dogecoin? They're becoming a very real thing

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by encryptedbytes • May 19, 2014.

1. encryptedbytes

encryptedbytesMember

Threads:
    I'm seeing more and more online retailers and even brick and mortar shops accepting cryptocurrencies like

, and

as payment. The idea of a decentralized, anonymous, and free transaction and payment system is attracting a lot of people's attention and big dollars.

I have some Dogecoin. This is an interesting one in that it seems to have become the default tipping currency. I think you're going to see it coming to some very familiar and popular social websites in the near future.

I am interested to hear of other's experience with cryptocurrency. What do you have? What are you doing with it? What do think of the over all experience?

If you're not already familiar with cryptocurrency, but find it interesting, check out this video:

[video=youtube;_kCgYZxPT5w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kCgYZxPT5w[/video]

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Sadly, at this point in time, I have little money to invest in buying cryptocurrencies. I feel like they are the future, or at least that they're gonna play an important role in the future of the internet, but there's not much I can do. I can't even mine them, I'm using a cheap/old PC right now :( And mining has become increasingly hard, at least for bitcoin. I must admit, it was interesting to watch the rise of dogecoin on reddit.

3. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    They are still too volatile and unpredictable for me to invest any serious money. I remember reading an article about a guy, who lost like $10k in Bitcoin because of some market shake up.

Maybe in time I will use it, but for now I'll just keep an eye on it.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    The thing that puts me off is that they get stolen WAY too easily and because of the cloak of anonymity that surrounds these currencies there is NO chance of finding out who did it. I tried dabbling in a few mining programs last year, but all I got was a letter from my internet provider warning me about the amount of bandwidth I was using and enough bitcoins to earn $0.02.