Anyone Know Of A Place For Good Rebates On New Laptops?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by CarlosTL • Jul 6, 2016.

1. CarlosTL

CarlosTLNew Member

Threads:
    The laptop industry is known for tight margins, so finding big discounts on brand new laptops can be a bit of a hard task. Does anybody know where is the best place to get such discounts/rebates?

Until now the only way I've found to save a bit on laptop is to go refurbished but most of the time the saving is that significant on rather old model.

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you tried

to see if they are offering any rebates on laptops?

I love Newegg. I've had great luck getting good deals from them on stuff, plus fast shipping. Their service is great too, and I often see rebates on lots of different stuff. I think it would be worth having a look to see if they have something that would suit you.

Rebates can be hit or miss, but sometimes they can be a great source of savings. Good luck. I hope you find what you're looking for and get a great deal.

3. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well @Zyni@Zyni surely pointed to a good one, but I am not sure of their standards for computer and other larger items...everything I have gotten has been pretty small, but it is worth a shot. Aside from that, you should try CashReporter.com. It is a site where you can compare the amount of rebates from online stores. Again I am not sure of the quality of offers on laptops, but give it a try.

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a good point. Not to mention, I know little to nothing about laptops. It's just a site I trust that has good deals and frequently offers rebates, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks for mentioning CashReporter. That certainly sounds like a very useful site. I don't' always do rebates (some are a bit of a hassle) but some are really worth doing, so it would be nice to have a handy way to check them out and compare them.

5. CarlosTL

CarlosTLNew Member

Threads:
    Yes Newegg is my go-to place for refurbished laptops and I occasionally see there some rare offers on new but never any significant rebate.

So far I've found that giant supermarket chains (and Amazon) have the most competitives price on Laptops, but I was wondering if there was any trick (something like one day sale) to get a 20%-15% off new laptops.

#5Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016