Anyone love wearing hats?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Jennifer • May 27, 2012.

1. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    Because winter is almost upon us the shops are full of gorgeous hats and scarfs. I just couldn't resist the temptation the other day and ended up buying two hats! Not only are hats good for bad hair days but they are just one of those accessories that makes a statement and that livens up an outfit. A hat reveals to the world your individual style. While saying that though, there are a very few people in the area where I live that like wearing hats. What is your opinion on hats, besides the practical aspect?

2. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    I love hats and I wish I could rock a few styles that are available out there. Now that winter is approaching, I've been looking at buying a couple of new hats., but I haven't found one that looks good on me. I don't wear it often during winter though, it actually depends on my mood. Even when I have a bad hair day, I would normally put my hair up. This is one of the styles that I would like to buy but I've tried a few and they just don't look right on me!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcb7aFMIS-DH67ieFFcDAsmwsrGwfVA5voCtNg-FlW3Ae7bmL8.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you. I think women in hats are something to behold. The worst thing about "equality" is the wimpy men who get mad that they can't wear hats indoors and then complain so loudly, that everyone has to remove their hat because it wouldn't be fair. But, I think more people should wear hats and real ones, not just baseball caps. I have nothing against caps, but a real hat can really set you apart.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I love hats - I think they add a touch of class to any outfit. The problem is, I'm not the sort of person who suits hats, so I have to hunt for months to find one that suits me. I'm short, with a short neck, so if I wear a wide brimmed hat, I look like a mushroom or a picnic table, depending on the colour. I also have quite a big head, so the dainty styles I like look a bit like a pimple on a haystack when I put them on. Eventually, though, I find something that works, and then I'm in heaven!

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love wearing hats in the summer and the winter. They are perfect for keeping the sun off my face and keeping my head warm in the winter. Not all styles look good on me though. I hope hats never go out of fashion.

6. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I love hats! I think they give more character to anyone who wears them. They're classy and it can make you look sophisticated! :)

7. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I was never sure myself what style of hat suited me and I basically learned through trial and error. As a result my cupboard has a lot of discarded hats lying there. Here are a few guidelines I read the other day on what type of hat suits a particular face shape.
    1. a long face - beret
    2. a round face - an asymmetric hat
    3. a square face - a veiled hat - not sure if that will work in this day and age!
    I think whatever style of hat you choose to wear, you have to feel comfortable doing so and wear it with confidence.

8. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Hats rock. I am a big fan. I was not until my cousin made me fit on a few that suited me, and I was smitten. The right fit completely transforms you. It is really worthwhile putting in the time to find the right hat styles for your face, for sure. It really spruces up an outfit too. I also like air fascinators (little hats, flowers, some other designs) for special occasions.

9. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    I used to love wearing them.

Now, I usually stay away from hats. They tend to ruin my hair and I like to keep them properly in place. I think some people carry them off amazingly well and should be wearing them a lot more often.

10. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I love hats, and though I'm a girl, my favorite type is the newsboy cap. In my opinion, it's simple, not so gaudy and at the same time ever so stylish!

23kdteu.

11. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I used to love wearing hats. I wear glasses, between that and my strong features hats seem to overwhelm my look. Can't wait to start wearing contacts again! One of my first hats was a floppy "Blossom" hat that I bought at the mall back in the early 90s! I miss those funky fashion days.

12. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I am not really a hat person. I find that my head gets too hot and sweaty.

13. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I wear them on a hot day, but not all the time. In the winter time I don't wear them because the sun isn't out. That's the only thing that I use them for is to protect my head from the sun. I only have one hat that I own at the moment, but I hope to get more.

14. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I hate hates, but I think it is because I am required to wear one at work. And no, I do not get to pick a cute hate either, it has to e a black baseball cap.

Hats tend to completely flatten my hair. So I avoid them.

15. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing, Jennifer. I guess I'll have to go for beret style of hats!
    I love the newsboy cap! I have one but it's more for casual wear, while the one that you posted would look nice with a pair of pants and blouse. I might just go hat-hunting one of these days. Your photo truly inspired me :D

16. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I love hats. My favorites are beanies that are feminine colors. I have many pastel colored beanie hats, and they look great with casual outfits. I stock up on them during this time of year. My favorite beanie looks like a cupcake. I just think it is the cutest, and I always get complimented on it.

17. maryelnroach

maryelnroachNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks to all for sharing such nice details about hats. I like to wear hats so much for look fashionable and cool. There are many type of hats available in markets like Beanie, Cloche hat, Flat cap, Mother of the Bride Hat and so on. Also we can easily purchase latest hats online with great discount offer.

18. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Hats are fun. There was a time many years ago when I made a hobby of collecting all kinds of hats. Not that I wear them. I just hang them on the wall as decorations.

19. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love wearing hats for the style and fun. I love the fedoras and baseball caps. I think a lady is really well dressed when she kicks that fedora to the side and put those sunglasses on and her beautiful accessories on to match. It aint nothing but a party. You go girls, show them where it's at. I just love dressing this way when the time is right.

20. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    I have yet to find hats that I like over here since winter started. I'm heading home end of this month and hopefully, I'll find some awesome hats back home. I'm going to buy some hats, so that I'll be prepared for next winter :D