Anyone still playing cards?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Peninha • Sep 23, 2014.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My daughter collects Pokemon cards and occasionally still gets Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. We don't really play cards, though. My daughter says she's good at poker and blackjack. I don't know much about the rules, though, so I've never play those games with her.

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    The other day I played go fish with some little cousins of mine, and it was so weird to be playing cards since I haven't played it in so long. I use to play so many card games as a kid like "speed" and "spit" and Uno. I can't even remember how to play these games lol. I need to learn how to play them again because they were so much fun.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My daughter has played some card games with her friends and classmates. She doesn't seem to enjoy those as much as her video games. She's a gamer. What can I say? Still, she knows how to play a couple of card games.

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Me! It's a classic! It's never boring. Until now, we still play it with my cousins and my friends. I have been playing it since I was kid with everybody else, kids like me. There are tons of games you could generate from the cards. And swear, all of those I know how to play are really fun, so I am presuming that all the games played with the cards are fun, only if I know them.

5. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I think cards are pretty much out of the way now. It just seems too inconvenient nowadays but I do play with cards sometimes but not actually playing them, I like to stack cards and build card castles when I'm trying to calm myself or relax.

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't say it's inconvenient but I would say it has lost a lot of its appeal. I used to play Boom O a lot at one point but it gets boring after a while. Cards are now one of those things where you can only do on rare occasions.

7. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    They're pretty much not the deal nowadays not unless there happens to be an end of the world apocalypses and we all had left are cards to play with. I've never touched cards anymore and since most of my weekends are just spent around friends watching TV and just playing video games we don't really do play cards like we used to.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a great thread. I have to say that I the most I play cards is when the electric in the house goes out, and there is nothing else to do. But don't let that fool you. I love playing cards. Chase the Ace, Gin Rummy, and Blackjack are my favorite card games. I don't play poker and wouldn't know how to either lol. I remember going to my sister's house and have a smoke, and play cards with her and her boyfriend. Such fun.

9. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I still do sometimes! Not a lot, but sometimes. When I'm around a bunch of family, or at a party with friends, it's fun to whip out a deck of cards, everyone always has a great time.

10. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I love playing card games. I never get tired of playing card games. When my family get together, we always get a card game going. I play other video games too, but I love to play cards. it is fun for me depending on the people I am playing with during the game. They talk junk when they play so it's fun to beat them. :)

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can totally relate to this lol. Family members are some of the best people to play - if not the absolute best people to play playing cards with. It just is not the same when you are playing with people that you hardly know, or even friends. Even if those friends are close friends. There is something magical about playing card games with the family.

12. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, that is one of the better activities to do in the family meetings, we gather some people and we play cards while talk or over a glass of wine, how entertaining can that be? I miss my school days when we played cards when we didn't have classes, it was great.

13. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I still play cards like I used to. My niece really loves to play Go Fish, Old Maid, UNO, and I am showing her some card games when I can. That is usually when I use an actual deck of cards. I will admit that it is easier to just use my iPad to play card games, but I like the feel of a deck of cards in my hands.

I used to bring a deck of cards with me to school. I would play Solitaire at my desk when I was done with my work. Sometimes I would read a book, but Solitaire gave me a nice break to relax and have some fun. My teachers never minded because I kept quiet and always finished my work before everyone else.

14. TheKid

TheKidNew Member

Threads:
    In our family we usually have a game night on Saturday where we would all come together and play a bunch of games including card games. Yes I think the technology of today has made some people put the cards away completely. Why play cards when you can play League of Legends? I personally believe that we should make some time for card games or any "real" games because they bring us closer to our friends and family. I still remember the time when playing card was as common as Iphones. Let us be honest, a good, quality card game was really enjoyable and we can still enjoy it.

I personally feel that we should once in awhile, turn our cell phones off and get out the deck of cards.

15. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That seems something pretty cool TheKid, people should get together and do other things than watching TV. Not only is entertaining and connects people, but also we are saving money because it's something we do for free.

16. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    When I'm in the mood to or remember about it, which is rarely, I'll play Goldfish or Matching Cards. They're the simplest games to participate in and I do enjoy partaking. All the other games are complicated to play and I just can't be bothered to get into them. This reminds me that I actually have a pack of fresh and unopened cards in my draw that I bought since time ago. Maybe I'll take them out and play with them soon.

17. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I play card games for real. In fact, I still have my pack of cards with me and carry it around to wherever. My cousins are very fond of card games and we often play it during reunions, gathering in a large circle and trying to outwit each other. Our favorite games are "123 Pass" and what every one terms "Monkey Monkey" (pairing game).

18. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Many card games are on a decline, I think only Magic The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon still command a strong following. Part of the reason can be attributed to the rise of smartphones allowing for digital card games like Hearthstone to enter the market. With no need to print physical cards, developers can sell digital versions of the cards at literally no cost, hence they can sell booster packs cheaply to players as well. The cost of entering the hobby is much lower, as compared to getting a competitive physical version deck (I know some people who splurge thousands on Magic decks.)

I have not played any trading card games in many years, I sold most of my collection after I entered university!

19. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually I was not referring to trading cards when I created this thread, I was referring to the traditional card games Squigly. Either cases, now that you mention it, my kids are crazy these days with trading cards, especially the Invizimal cards, even though they play with the Pokemon ones sometimes as well.

20. Aurora

AuroraMember

Threads:
    I played card games when I was a child though there was television, radios at my home. I used the cards for fortune prediction when I grew a bit older. I do not play the real cards any more today. I prefer to play on my computers because it is difficult for me to find a pack of real cards at my home and I do not want to buy a pack from the stores.