Anyone Take Advantage Of Receipt Surveys From Fast Food?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by JoanMcWench • May 29, 2015.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not one for fast food eateries but when I do partake I've noticed some places are offering some pretty good deals in exchange for a few minutes of your time & (potentially) helping the employee that served you. Dunkin offers a donut & Subway offers a cookie which is 'meh'. Burger King offers a Whopper which is 'say whaa???'. A few of the chain restaurants seems to offer appetizers.

Anyone take advantage of this? Any really good ones you've found?

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, it really depends on whether or not I remember the survey is even on the receipt by the time I get home! I usually do it if I have had really good or really bad service, then I use the survey as a way of letting corporate know.

3. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    YES. I do and am proud of it. Well some surveys on receipts fast food and other.
    My friend won a $1000 home depot gift card last year. Since then I do the easy ones:gas, grocery, fast food ect. No Wal-Mart that one is a monster. Prefer the gift card ones but do the fast food free hamburger with purchase ect ones from places I like. My gas station also awards you extra customer loyalty points for doing them.
    Being going for 6 months and won one $25 gift card to a grocery store.

4. lexingtonslade

lexingtonsladeNew Member

Threads:
    It is rare for me to fill out the survey from fast food chains. It just tends to be a hassle. The only time I will submit a survey is if I had a poor experience at the restaurant. This doesn't mean that I will be given anything in return, but I feel it is one way to have the corporation know what is going on in their store. This might not be the most prudent way to go about this task, but it works on a passive-aggressive scale for me.

5. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I always do the Dunkin Donuts survey for a free donut and I always use it. I've basically not had to purchase an actual donut in years. Haha. I also always do the surveys from my Harris Teeter (local grocery store) for a chance to win a grocery gift card. Part of me likes the free lotto ticket. Part of me really wants to brag on good customer service. You know...

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    McDonald's gives a quarter pounder offer as "buy one, get one free" if you fill out their survey, which is pretty good. I have used it a few times because I'm not the type that buys the meal anyway (no soda for me), so it ends up working out to be a decent price for two burgers.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Our fast food restaurants here don't do that, unfortunately, but they do offer seasonal promos from time to time and from those you could get some discounts and a few freebies. A few restaurants here do employ this type of promo though and usually you could get an appetizer or some coffee for filling out surveys. I like to take advantage of this whenever it's available because it only takes a few minutes and it also helps the business owners better their service, and I like to support the few businesses that actually make an effort to serve their customers better.

8. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I never have, but I’d consider it if I ate more fast food. Most of the ones who offer surveys are those that I don’t visit very often, so the deal would probably expire before I got a chance to fulfill it. And I wish Subway’s offer were better because that’s the one I visit most, haha.

9. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I wish I did these more often. I will do them when I get home if I remember or if the place I have been to has even given me a receipt. Sometimes when I go to McDonalds they don't put the receipt in the bag. Doing these surveys is a great way to save some money the next time you go to eat there or sometimes you can win gift cards which would be really nice. I have never personally won so it sometimes feels discouraging but I keep at it since you never know.

10. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    Always!

It is a great way to get some free stuff for just a few minutes of your time. The latest one paid me more for the survey than I paid for the meal, so I was very happy with that. If you use the right companies you can actually make some money by doing this, just because it provides the food place with great feedback.

11. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    I do with the subway ones as I love cookies, they are not as nice as mine but they're still free cookies lol. But I did from burger king last year and got a free fries, I don't really eat at fast food places enough to warrant the surveys. But if I did I would probably do them a lot more.

12. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Just a heads up, you guys, you don't have to fill these surveys out at home. If you have a phone with a browser you can easily do it while your in the location, write the code in the area where requested, & get your free item with a one stop shop.

13. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    I don't use coupons from within the stores, but found on a recent trip into London that the bus tickets printed out money off vouchers for McDonalds on the back, which was handy when passing through the capital! Lunch for £1.99 not to be sniffed at!

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have gotten many free sandwiches from Chick-Fil-A by doing the survey. It does help to like the food that you can get free. I had a coupon for a McDonald's which I threw away because I don't eat McDonald's, I got the survey when I got a ice tea drink.

15. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't. In fact one of the last times I did do it, it ended up freaking me out. I had gone through the Taco Bell drive thru and they had some offer on the receipt to win an XBox if you install their smartphone app and answer a few questions in it. Fast forward several months later, I am at the drive thru of another Taco Bell, and as the cashier was repeating my order back to me and telling me my total, she then addressed me by my first name and told me to pull forward. For a while afterwards I could not for the life of me figure out how she knew my name - I certainly didn't know her and I hadn't been to that Taco Bell in over a decade. Then I remembered I had their app on my phone still, at which point I quickly took it off. Too much tracking, creepy.