Anyone tried Sensa??

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by pafjlh • Nov 30, 2012.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if any of you have heard of Sensa. Its suppose to be a diet product, that you just sprinkle on your food and its suppose to help curb your appetite so you lose weight. I have done some checking about it online, some have said it made them sick. But it turned out they shouldn't have been using the product because it has milk products and they were lactose intolerant. Some other things I read was that it last only three months and most people needed to purchase it again to get any real benefits, which could end up being costly. So, I was wondering if any of you have used it and what your experience was.

2. chlv

chlvMember

Threads:
    This is a great question and I'm curious to see if anyone has tried it and what their results were. I actually just saw this commercial for the first time about a week ago. Is it costly? I don't remember seeing how much it cost. I'm a little weary of these "miracle products" and truly, I thought people had given up on them. I think people waste a lot of money on pills, powders and potions all claiming to aid in weight loss. Perhaps many of them do work, but then people either have to keep buying the product, it stops working or once they stop they gain the weight back. Wouldn't it be more economical and healthy to just eat right and exercise?

3. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't waste your money on weight loss products like Sensa. The key to losing weight is restricting your carbohydrate consumption. That will reduce calories, raise insulin sensitivity and naturally reduce your appetite (carbs make you hungry).

4. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried Sensa and almost did order it, however I read some of the reviews and did see it's not for people who are lactose intolerant. That's me. I guess that was some sign for me to just go back to losing weight the good old fashioned way by blood, sweat and tears. :D

5. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I think these types of dieting are just wrong. If you want to lose weight there is no fast track or quick fix to get it done properly. All you need to lose weight is a healthy diet that consists of lean protein, fruit, veg, carbs, and a bit of fat, plenty of exercise and that's it.

#5Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen the commercials for Sensa. I didn't know that people who are lactose intolerant were having problems with it. I'm lactose intolerant. I do restrict my caloric intake and exercise, but a little extra boost is nice. I was thinking about trying it, but decided against it. I'm glad that I did.

7. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely would not recommend this product to anyone! My friend tried it and it made her as sick as a dog! There is no real alternative to losing weight other than following a healthy eating and exercise routine. Any get-slim-quick product may help you get the weight off but it won't help you keep it off.

8. HughIvar

HughIvarBanned

Threads:
    but then people either have to keep buying the product, it stops working or once they stop they gain the weight back. Wouldn't it be more economical and healthy to just eat right and exercise?

9. sinayat3

sinayat3New Member

Threads:
    I actually did try Sensa for 3 months and while it didn't make me sick, it didn't make me lose ANY weight. One of my friends also tried Sensa with absolutely no results either so I really would not recommend it. What did work for me was eating mostly fruit and veggies with hardly any carbs and eating lean protien. I have been using the Nutri Bullet for about 3 months now and I have to say, it's one of the best investments for my health that I've made so far. I've used a juicer before with really good results, but the Nutri Bullet is better because it doesn't get rid of the pulp, which is the main source of nutrients. It's really easy to use and clean up and everything tastes good which has contributed in the fact that I have been able to stick with it for a long time. For me, my body just does not do well on carbs, they make me feel sick and horrible all the time. Once I cut that out of my diet and started eating mostly fruit, veggies, seeds, nuts etc, my health became WAY better. You just need to find what works for you and then stick with it.

10. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I have not tried this product, but every time the infomercial floats across my TV screen, I take time out of my day, and actually sit and wonder, "How does that work??"

It is interesting to read here how people have tried it, and it did not work. I would be so mad if I bought this product and used months of my time, only to find out that it has made no difference whatsoever. It must work for some people though.

Take that Millionaire Matchmaker woman. She acts b!tchy a lot of the time, so she does not have the personality type of someone who would endorse something if she did not mean it. And she certainly does not need the money from the infomercial, so it must have really worked for her or else she would not endorse it. Her reputation is on the line. So, like I said, it must work for some people.

People just want an easy way to loose weight, but the bottom line is, there is no easy way. Even the "easy ways" aren't really easy. People just don't want to accept that.

11. LovelyLanie

LovelyLanieMember

Threads:
    I too have been curious about this product but I won't take the plunge and try it. It's the commercial I saw that turned me off - it showed people sprinkling it on french fries :rolleyes:. It will be cheaper and healthier to simply not eat french fries.

12. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't personally tried Sensa because I prefer natural weight loss. The tv commercials make the product seem really effective, but it's hard to tell before you actually try it.

13. Koala

KoalaNew Member

Threads:
    I will say I haven't tried it, but one of my parents did. From what I saw, they did have a change in appetite. Although when they quit using it their appetite came back, so it does come with a price. Marketing products for money. I think you should restrict yourself from spending too much money. Also, does it really do anything to your body? or is it all in your mind? :p