Anyone Using Windpower?

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by remnant • Jun 14, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Windpower is a renewable source of of energy which doesn't require much in terms of mantenance and capital outlay. With some tweaking here and there to save on components to construct affordable windpower generators. Fled interruptions are rare since wind power isn't predicated upon the erratic weather patterns. Wind energy is very cheap, almost free. Anyone using wind energy?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Living in an apt. we don't have much options about what kind of power we do use. We have electricity in our apt. We had land in CA Valley that wind industry was interested in and so was the solar, but it was too small and didn't have what the companies needed. We now sold our land in CA, and we had contact with both industries and they were very nice people.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think there is a wind power system for residential homes because the wind power plants that I have seen uses the windmill type which is a huge structure. But what we are looking at is the solar power panel that costs only $100 in the Chinese electronics store that also sells cheap e-bikes. However, we are still awaiting for testimonies on that solar power system if it is cost effective. I have posted before that we tried solar lamp for the garden and the battery died in a few weeks of use, meaning it is not practical yet.

But we are for clean energy like solar, wind and geothermal.

4. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Wind power is not available in my place. During March, April there will be strong wind in our place when trees are uprooted, roofs blown away, however, wind is not the same in other months. This wind power is not a viable option.However, solar is very popular here. Solar is used as alternate of electricity. We also use bio gas here.

5. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I am not personally using wind power. There are a few households in my community which have resorted to this method of obaining energy.
    I suspect that there may be anwithingsffordabk these households who has the technical knowledge to be able to install the wind energy generators, therefore, the installation costs would be more affordable than it would usually be.
    The equipment installation cost is a hindrance to many persons being able to capitalize on this cost saving venture.

6. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    Before to Install small wind turbines in your roof, it's necessary to study the wind resource where you wish to put it. I live in a city with several buildings, so it is complicated to have small wind turbines, because the wind lost quality with near obstacles (buildings).

7. James-M

James-MMember

Threads:
    The coming generation of wind turbines can produce power at or below $0.03 (US) per kWh.

At this cost level, it becomes viable to add energy storage capabilities to a wind project and thereby achieve the long-sought goal of 100% penetration and on-demand dispatch-ability.

8. AlexZ

AlexZMember

Threads:
    Advantages: Cleaner and cheaper form of energy
    Disadvantages: Inconsistent output.