Anyone With Experience With The Priceline Guarantee?

Discussion in Travel started by Isabellas2007 • Aug 2, 2012.

1. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I seen the commercial again with that little troll or gnome talking about the price guarantee and the refund you get if someone books lower then you at the same hotel. Has anyone actually had this happen to them or is this harder to get then what they are leading on to? I know with Allstate the lower rate of minus a hundred off of your payments each time you go without an accident was not available to me even though I was told it was. So what are your thoughts on this topic?

2. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    The lowest rate you are going to get with Priceline.com is the Name Your Own Price option. And even this option works better in some cities than others. If you are booking a room that you chose by scrolling through their list of hotels, that is when your guarantee comes into play.

Here's the downside: If you read the fine print on the priceline guarantee, the window of opportunity to get a refund is rather small.

Here's something you probably didn't realize: If you compare prices from travel site to travel site for the same room you want on the same dates, you will notice something:
    The prices are going to be the roughly same. Without a longer, more drawn-out explanation, this is the reason why you ultimately will NOT get a refund.

My experience with Priceline.com taught me that hoping for refunds based on somebody else doing something else (something I have absolute ZERO control over), is pretty much a waste of time.

What city are you traveling to? If it is a very popular destination, and they have hundreds or thousands of hotels to choose from, you may want to consider trying the Name Your Own Price option. I use this option every time I go to Orlando, and I get $100.00-per-night rooms for $30-$35 per night. I get these rates just about ALL THE TIME. It doesn't work as well in a city like Tampa, where the concentration of hotels is much lower. I have a video I posted somewhere on how you can effectively use the Name Your Own Price system. If I can find the link, I will send it to you if you want.