Anything new on infomercials?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by amynichole318 • Mar 29, 2014.

1. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    It's been a while since I have seen anything new come out. It's mostly the same things, vacuums, same old cooking tools, and kids items. There are grills and stuffies, stompers and potato bags, nothing really new for a long time. For kids, its all related to pillows, like pillow pets, the stuffies, the stompers, the glowing ones so forth. Has anyone seen anything new or different, something unique lately?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope. All I've seen are those bacon bowl pans and the animal pajamas with ears that come in kids and adult sizes in case the whole family wants to dress like zebras.
    Right now is a pretty dry time for As Seen On TV products. The last infomercial product I bought was a Ninja blender. I actually miss the golden age of infomercials where there were unique new items and crazy pitchmen. That's kind of died down since Billy Mays passed away.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's weird, but lately every single infomercial I see is for skincare or exercise equipment. I haven't seen a really exciting infomercial in ages.
    The one for that Ninja pocket multitool is kind of amusing but I already have two multitools and there's nothing new about this one.

4. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    I believe one of the newer ones is concerning a thing called the "my pillow." The problem with the info is there is no info. It tells how it is made and how nice it is and even that you can buy one and get one free. Save 50%. Yup.....50% of what? There is no price in the commercial, just the 50% off.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    The infomercial with the Dial Vision glasses are quite a interesting invention,and these glasses have a adjustable two-section lens that you can adjust for each eye. You can adjust each eye,by just turning a dial on both sides. I noticed the reviews online were mostly like one or two stars out of five,but there was one guy that liked them very much,and said they were just what he was looking for. One person even said they were better than his prescription glasses and bought two pairs.